SAU Community

mates new car

crate

how much did it end up costing him, and how much was compliance as imports 101 are importing a r33 for me 2

i think in the end aound the 22k mark ,as for comp i cant tell u i will ask him next time i see him

but that did include new 18 inch tyres and some paint work

$400 tyres

$900 paint (ouch)

he wasnt to happy when he saw like 20 skylines in the autotrader for under 19k

I think you will find he said is he needs a hand controller to tune it as he doesnt have the laptop software. I've seen him tune many with a laptop.

i kind of question that myself and it made sense

but the base software programs are available as a free download of the net as are most known ecu maps

u have a better option with the software wouldnt u say

a controller was only a added option for the power fc

We have a controller for this car this week.I have tuned many PFCs with a lap top.

When did we do your car crate?And was it me?

my car was done end of last year

if u worked for sst it was u , where are u currently employed

does anyone notice the missmatching bodykit colour look - it might just be my eyes but its the only thing i can focus on in those pictures

yeah i saw this the other day and i noticed this myself '

its a nice colour, but i wouldnt own it...

Ok, I have to come out with some defence now..............

The day my car was cleared by customs I seen it, and while I was there, so with this one in compliance spec. That was 2 months ago, so it seems there must have been problems with the car that it wouldn't/didn't pass the pits, such as the one you've mentioned, over-boosting etc. I don't want to sound like a prick but buying a car with those mods that looks like that is a risk, because it would have been thrashed, and your mate should have known about the risks involved.

And if you're going to mention bad things about businesses don't mention their names, it's against the forum rules, especially if they are about problems that were possibly there before.

Tell your mate good luck with getting it all fixed, I would advise him getting it tuned proffesionally ASAP, otherwise that could lead to even more problems nobody wants to see!! Check the sponsors thread about Hyperdrive, see if they could help him out.

mine car 2 also took along time to compliance at the aboved mentioned workshop..... bad choice of compliance place pm for details.

The workshop you mentioned has (Along with many others) had a huge (& short lived) increase in the volume of work due to the carry on with the 15 year rule. It is calming down somewhat now & the business involved is moving to new, larger premisis.

Danny is doing a huge number of hours per week to try and keep up, but there is only so much he can do.

It is also worth remembering the RAWS/SEVS compliancing requirements and what you are allowed to get away with in terms of engine mods - ie very little. So a car with alot of mods is going to take longer to comply.

I have put two cars through this workshop & am happy with the service & the approach to doing business.