SAU Community

something i painted over the weekend

Lachie

Hey all,

Inspired by a great thread in the wheels n tyres section of the site, i sanded down and painted my new rims last week. very, very happy with the finish and I had incredible fun doing it. Total cost for the whole rims n tyres: about $600, including shipping from Perth (they were second hand and damaged.)

Anyway i posted it here because i'm sure you guys would appreciate the little spray job i did on the center insert :)

Pic_001.jpg

Pic_003.jpg

Pic_004.jpg

Lachie

Used a can of regular body paint from autobarn. I didn't clear coat the wheels (cause that would have added another week onto the timeline, so the clear coat could dry). I also liked the metallic look rather than the plastic look. I did clear coat the center caps though. Didnt wait for them to dry much, just overnight, cause they are such a small part of the wheel and i dont care if there is a small amount of shit on it.

Lachie

is that a quake logo in the centre cap?

if so you need to add shrapnel damage/moss effects to your rims/body.

Definitely :) I was thinking about the custom number plate SLIPG8 as well, to give it an added flavour. That would be awesome though... a moss vinyl growing up from the wheel arches or headlights. I'm planning on creating some body kit parts too - what kinda stuff should I add on there to make it more Quake flavoured?

Lachie

Skyline is washed :( I am so ashamed! It was covered in bird crap when i got up this morning and that was the last straw. So its nice and shiny now.

Thanks for those pics Funkymonkey. In the Evo vs RX-7 thread over on the main skyline discussion board, someone posted up some pics of the new Veilside Rx-7 2005 stuff - and i thought that was absolutely awesome. So i'm going to be incorporating elements of that (mainly the two-tone design) and also have some tough-looking rivets and industrial elements (like exposed wires, pipes, and so on). Its all percolating in my mind at the moment, but Quake and video games in general is a definite influence. And a good one at that :( And i definitely want some metal floor mats made out of that shiny metal like the last pic you posted.

Lachie