SAU Community

Help with 4WD light in my R32 GTR

I hope this isn't a common question as I have used the search feature but to no avail.

I have just finished my rebuild and the only real differences is that I've used a Nismo N1 block and Wiseco 88mm forged pistons. I had some head work done but basically the enigine is still stcok specs.

Anyway, it runs great, though I need to get to grips with how to tune the Wolf 3D, but my problem is that the car is running in 2WD. I've checked all the fuses, wiring etc and all seems to be OK. I've put fresh oil in the diffs and all that stuff as well. Could the Wolf have something to do with it? Any help would be hugely appreciated. :cheers:

Guest two.06l
what fluid goes in to the attessa pump? ATF? where is the reservoir exactly in a 32 GTR?

we use ford power steering fluid...it has the same specs as the fluid they use in japan. Get it from your ford dealer.

reservoir is behind the panel on the drivers side of the boot

Guest two.06l
Got fluid but I'll try bleeding it. Thanks heaps for the tip.

when bleeding it...dont forget to disconnect the white connector behind the drivers kick panel.

this puts full power to the pump while you bleed it.

when bleeding it...dont forget to disconnect the white connector behind the drivers kick panel.

this puts full power to the pump while you bleed it.

Will do. Didn't get a chance to do it last night, was out on the Wolf trying to learn my way around it. It has every option you could want but seems a bit more complicated than most.

we use ford power steering fluid...it has the same specs as the fluid they use in japan. Get it from your ford dealer.

reservoir is behind the panel on the drivers side of the boot

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

did you add an extra wire to power the attesa computer

when i installed my Microtech the 4wd wouldnt work and i tracked it down to...the std comp and attesa comp SHARE a power wire

all i had to do was run an additional power wire to the attesa comp and all is sweet

RellikZephyr

EDIT: the bleeding procedure is in the manual Page CH-84 (manual page) or P363 (acrobat page)

i have R32 manual if anyone wants

Edited by RellikZephyr

i believe the G sensor is located under the centre console...somewhere...there

and as for your error code 18

got some cutouts from the manual for ya

a flowchart for the 18 error and the other pic i think is the pressure switch your asking about

hope it helps

RellikZephyr

post-22860-1168088684.jpg

post-22860-1168088709.jpg

you'll get code...13 from memory if it's a g-sensor. g sensor is under the center console, next to the hand brake. undo the screws in that unit and gently lift it up. you'll see the g-sensor as a goldy metal box, a few inches square. there's a little window on the side - red = stuffed (possibly), white = OK (possibly).