SAU Community

FD RX7 or Mitsubishi EVO VI

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FD in my opinion.  Personally I would get one in Yellow like Keisuke's from Initial D.  I drove behind a red RX-7 at a car cruise on some twisty roads and it seemed to handle like a dream from my point of view.  FD's are pretty rare on the streets as well.
Did it have red custom Vic plates? If so that's my mates.

I personally prefer the Evo 6.

At the moment I own a gtt and although the FD is a totally different car its still fundamentally the same in concept...ie FR turbo car...

Driven but never owned a performance 4WD.....hence EVO.

plus I have a soft spot for the evos.......used to follow the WRC when Makkinen was caning EVERYONE :(

Forums provide a fluid dialogue of varied experience, idea's, concepts, problems, etc

I’m interested to hear what people think and value their opinions. Besides, it’s not always as easy as waltzing down to a show room and demanding a test drive, I don’t know about you.. but unless I’ve basically got the deposit in my back pocket, my experience has been that the dealers aren’t too keen, especially regarding cars like these.

Two great cars.. and I’m still on the fence if flirting with the idea of switching cars for a little while sometime down the track.

Personally Id have to say the Lancer Evolution.

I love Rx7s. They are the most beautiful. Ive seen many around the area I live, its not as rare as A genuine Evolution. After being in Many Evos, Id have to say, off the line and on the twisty bits - YOU CANT GO PAST THE EVO. Try take a corner sharply at 120 km/h in a RX7 and see what happens. At the rotary shops that I go to see, You see s6s coming in that are misssing, not driving right and people complaining about problems.

In this case, If you have the Money, buy the Rx7. I DEFINETLY would if money wasnt a issue. If I wanted a perfectly reliable, well built, rare, acclaimed by every motoring journal/journalist, and such a strong competition heritage with a lot of R&D put into their street cars, I would buy the Lancer Evolution. Its simply one of the most recognised and respected Japanese supercars.

I remeber when I was watching a jap DVD - drift bible, the rx-7's braking and cornering abilities were horrible. The difference between the rx7 and the GT-R in this area was considerable.

I remeber someone that owned an EVO for a while was telling me how the build quality was poor. (No complaints about performance).

Some points you may want to take into account, but you should really drive both cars well before you make your decision.

FD no doubt.

Whilst the EVO is a great car, I choose the FD RX7 as I believe it is a little more of a drivers car as opposed to the point-and-shoot evo. But as stated before, Apples and Oranges...

I'd take a GTR over them both :(

your forgetting that the FD is like nearly 13 years old and the Evo is much much newer. Do the Rx7s have all the current technology? Or are they just like the 92 model with different aero/light/interior packages?

As far as I can see, the looks are is only real winner here. As for power, Im sure a Evo would walk on it off the line, on the run and in top end.

I cant stress this more, but you have to go for a hard drive in a Evo to experience why people rant on about them so much. Serious Club racers and people with money in Aus who are car enthusiasts that drive porsches and ferraris, they dont have RX7s - they drive Evos.

I dont think Lindsay Fox has a Rx7 in his collection, but I sure know he has Evos.

Fair point, but the RX7 was handing it to the EVOs s in GTP, im not sure if Rick Shaw or anyother competitive team/driver is running an RX7 anymore.

Id take an EVO IV or EVO VII, over an RX7, back seat, convenience/performance.

But as for EVO VI and RX7, id take the rotor, now if you are talkgn Series 8 :D