SAU Community

R32/R33 Clutch Master/Slave Cylinder Replacements HERE!

Cubes

Just a little heads up for those who need to replace their clutch master and slave cylinder.

All Clutch and Brake Services

The R32/R33 Master cylinder from memory was around $63.50

Slave cylinder for the R32 is around $40.

No idea on the R33's he said there is 2 types, the r32's being the more expensive.

Damn good prices if you ask me, cheaper than my old VS Commodore. :)

Check em' out. http://allclutchandbrake.com.au/

Edited by Cubes

The slave is an IBS the master was a PBR.

I assume Nissan use PBR for genuine as my brake master is a PBR item, unless its been replaced prior to purchase.

The R33 slave he showed me looked like it had a larger piston, the whole thing was ever so slightly larger.

I've had the PBR Master on for 2 years and travelled 65,000km's with a non std. clutch. Previously a 800kg clutch, now a 1000kg clutch.

1000kg clutch is what killed the old slave cylinder, 6months ago I noticed it there was a real slight amount of fluid in the slaves boot. :)

It will be fine, I was told however to use standard NON-Synthetic brake fluid as the synth. stuff tends not to lubricate as well. Shortening its life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I installed mine myself Chris. Its pretty easy...2 bolt on the actual master cylinder, and then its just the clutch fluid line on the master.

Its a bas*ard of a job, up under the dash....you need to take the pin out of the rod that controls the master too :rofl:

Give us a yell if ya need a hand :)

Ok, so its a job that could be done in a few hours on a weekend? I might go and grab one this week and have a go on the weekend

Was yours leaking? My fluid level keeps dropping every few days and there is all fluid on the pedal/carpet behind the pedal

Did you do just the master, or the slave as well?

yeah i had fluid down my pedal inside the car. It took me half hour or so to remove it, then about the same to put it back...plus bleed the new master.

My pedal box broke about a month later, popping the spot welds, and twisted to buggery with the new found pressure in the pedal :rofl:

I need to replace the slave now too....id say do both just for peace of mind.

I've replaced mine around 20 years and 60,000km's ago.

The new clutch has caused this one to have an internal leak that bleeds off slowly.

The same as what is happening to Darrens.

have someone help you :P

Its a bastrdos job to get that pin off the master rod, but can easily be done...just dont lose the damn pin like i did :P

Check out the condition of your pedal box too, cos mine split and broke after i had replaced my master...

All done....... pretty straight forward really

found the pin was the easiest part :) Gettting that hose fitting under the master cylinder un-done after over a decade proved quite a pain in the ass! It helps if your 10mm open ended spanner is indeed 10mm, not 11mm like mine was!

I ended up taking my drivers seat out, made the whole thing easier, as you can get under the pedals heaps easier

Looks like my clutch master was original too, lasted 160,059kms :P approx 70,000 of those with the decent clutch

Quite easy to do really, cheers for all the input, it helped allot,

Chris

My clutch started playing up a few weeks ago, bleeding off slowly when I held my foot on it.

Today I thought well.. I'd better get myself a clutch master cylinder. Down to All clutch and brake services. Grabbed a master cyl for $63.50.

On the way out it felt as it usually did bleeding off. Up to the corner of South Road and I totally lost my clutch.

Bugger. :P

While i'm changing over the master cyl. this weekend I'll take pics and weld up my clutch box so that its just that little bit stronger. :rofl:

Also just a note to ppls.

DO NOT RUN SYNTHETIC BRAKE FLUID IN YOUR CLUTCH

Use the normal run of the mill castrol stuff in the red bottle, not the silver bottle.

Apparently Synthetic fluid in the clutch buggers them up as synthetic clutch fluid doesn't offer as much lubrication. They are not designed for it.

Possibly why this master cylinder didn't last too long. I ran Synthetic in it for most of its life.