SAU Community

R32/R33 Clutch Master/Slave Cylinder Replacements HERE!

Cubes

Yeah, I reckon its was some synthetic fluid that started to make mine leak

I have used the Castrol stuff in the red bottle this time, just by pure chance :P

Its the blokes down at ACBS that warned me away from Synthetic fluid. :P

I couldn't believe my chances though, just pick the master cyl up and mine completely pops, I drove home rev matching, switching off at traffic lights, in to first and crank the key. lol

I topped my old master cylinder up before my last Mallala day with synthetic/silicone fluid I was using in my brakes. A week later the seal started to leak. It was always a constant leak though, so I just kept topping it up with the Castrol stuff.

either way its fixed now, and has a resivior full of Castrol fluid!

Good effort to get home with no clutch. Poor ol' RB20 'box!

I asked the guy about my pedal bleeding off slowly, and he reckons it has to be the master cylinder, not the slave.

The slave will only leak fluid, or suck in air. Good way to tell which is stuffed (master or slave) is to block off the line and press the pedal. If it bleeds off its the master :P

He rekons 1 in 50 or so come brand new that are stuffed, so be aware, you can get a dud newie....

You had a dud newy did you not?

I learnt how to drive with no clutch in my first car. The TE Cortina's used to have a surclip to adjust the clutch cable, the damn things would always flick off leaving no clutch. :rofl:

Your clutch was bleeding off like mine.

Its farked, I'm telling you now.

I held my foot slightly on your clutch pedal and it went half way to the floor. :rofl:

Exactly what mine WAS doing.. Now it goes straight to the floor and makes nice squishy sounds.

Having a clutch that isn't bled correctly will cause you to crunch gears and not dissengage the clutch completely.

Clutch master done. :P

I didn't have time to fiddle with the pedal box today as I buggered around removing the little silly box that locate between the master and the slave cylinder.

I simply straightened the end section of the old metal piping then rebent it so that it mated up with the rubber hose that then runs to the slave cylinder.

The clutch seriously feels so much better now. Seriously I tell you. :D

I swear it feels lighter, more springy and much more progressive. Previously it was very bitey now it is much nicer to drive.

Ignore the rust mark on the floor pan. Thats an old heater that went pop under the inlet manifold. The camera really shows it up as orange. I should clean it up really.

• 1 month later...