SAU Community

They're Heeere, new speed cameras

Boostzor

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sh1t.. When did that change? What happens to all the small business owners with fleet cars out on the road? Do they have to take the points if they can't work out which one of their workers was driving the car? What happened to innocent until proven guilty? So they don't car who was driving - they just want the $ obviously...

Yet another reason for me to say Perth laws are a maggot on the polished turd called our freedom here in Oz.. You can't do anything in this town without some idiot telling you how to do it "safely".  

For example - my gf wasn't allowed to take 10 bricks she bought from a brickyard unless she tied a rope in front of them so they couldn't slide forward and covered them. So she put a piece of nylon in front and a tshirt over the bricks. How the f*k is that safe? Why should someone be telling her how to do transport 10 bricks? Apparently it's a law in Perth?

f*kin stupid F*kers... We're all being brainwashed. Perth will be a true old person's retirement town within the next 10 years. Mark my words!

/rant

So true.

Just Make sure your along side someone when you go through the multi at stupid speeds.

They then can't determine who was speeding!

Were you along side the commie when you went through the camera R32Zilla?

mmm sounds like the ones have have in victoria. Although they are even more sneaky, can be any type of car parked on the side of the road, claped out bomb, commodore, even see a hz ute with the camera gear on it. they are really easy to pick on major roads though... oh let me see car parked in emergency lane, slow down to have a look.... what this black bar on the front. ahh camera.

Good thing is you can actually see these camera cars instead of the mulitnovas on the highways. gives you more time to slow down.

Yeh too true, i always slow down for emergency lane ppl. Ever since i was drving along and some ****tard in teh emergency lane figures that he/she will pull out into the left lane before gathering momentum, which im sure we all know is downright stupid. Indicator goes on and u have a car doing 20kmhr 50m ahead, do the math.

The one i saw over east was on a hyundai softroader

multinova cameras use only a 35mm lens so to get you clearly you need to be within 50mt of it to register that you are speeding then when you get within 20 mt it will then take your happy pic but if you have seen the camera in time and apply the brakes then it can not get a clear and accurate reading as it needs to take 3 pics of the car and all 3 pics must have the same speed recorded on it....

with the 3 lanes thing it still works but not as effectively which is why from time to time you will see the cameras on the other side of the road

i just came across one of these new cameras today on Albany Hwy.. was fixed on the roof of a police car parked on the verge..  

no signs at all tho

Saw that one too, your right was no signs :D lucky the car in front was going like 40km or else i would have got done

Remember people, they are in WA to SAVE LIVES!!!!!!!!

(which is why a very big majority of them are used where there is very unlikely to be a fatal accident, let alone an accident).

Just too bad that they resort to sneak tactics yet again to raise even more money, but it is just a thing we will have to get used to I'm afraid.

Why do we need to get used to it? After all - they are acting on our behalf. That's what we've voted them in for. Surely we should be able to get it changed?

f*kin f*kers!!!

Call it fascist if u will but ppl still accept it as commonplace, nobody has a big enough petition yet to do anything about it. Remember these laws are passed through the house of reps and they represent us....... hmm but who pays their wages? ;) bit of conflict of interest there eh. All the fines go to their soft dollar benefits, mmmm sheep skin chairs.

I really dont see a problem with this kinda thing, its the game we play when we break the road rules. Trouble is i reckon this kind of action makes citizens disrespect the law and therefore it enforcers. "Its all about respect right, u respect me and ill respect u" :P thats falling apart.

Still next time i see one ill grill the cops for what its about, they generally dont mind having a chat.

if there is no sign then you do not have to pay.they must be testing them out instead.when they are satisfied then there will be a media release and then the warning signs will be out in plain veiw" meaning hidden under a bush".

kermit

I think you have to be doing well over 300kmh for this to happen... maybe they are just really slow with sending the fines out. It took 4 months before I got one once

yeah, me and some friends have done the maths before and it came out that you have to be going the speed of sound for it to miss you or to get blured.

Why the speed of sound? any relevance or just coincidence? and at what density :P ahh gotta love all the mach variables.

On that note, I think the hard braking sounds alot safer.

Yet another reason for me to say Perth laws are a maggot on the polished turd called our freedom here in Oz.. You can't do anything in this town without some idiot telling you how to do it "safely".  

For example - my gf wasn't allowed to take 10 bricks she bought from a brickyard unless she tied a rope in front of them so they couldn't slide forward and covered them. So she put a piece of nylon in front and a tshirt over the bricks. How the f*k is that safe? Why should someone be telling her how to do transport 10 bricks? Apparently it's a law in Perth?

/rant

it's called "duty of care laws" thanks to those ****ing idiot lawyers who devise never ending money spinning laws to fill their pockets with.