SAU Community

They're Heeere, new speed cameras

Boostzor

if there is no sign then you do not have to pay.they must be testing them out instead.when they are satisfied then there will be a media release and then the warning signs will be out in plain veiw" meaning hidden under a bush".

kermit

those signs are quite irrellevent. If they put them 100 metres b/4 the camera they would be useful :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda like those yellow signs on the ground in Mandurah that look like camera signs :rofl:

'caution: high accident risk area' or something. wonder if they are all rear enders near those signs?

I think it's around 250kmh for thr camera to not get you. Top Gear in the UK tested it.

Meh, when vic can make like 400million outta em. Tis only a matter of time till everywhere else will do the same.

They are nasty, over here they arent allowed to use them if they are parked illegally, like on a nature strip. That could be one get off for you guys depending on local laws.

In Qld they have to put speed camera signs BEFORE the speed camera..

but they have taken to putting signs up, and no camera, so people done know wich is real and wich isnt.. actually a good tactic to reduce speed and savea da lives.

Ohh shit. Here I was thinking Im gonna go back to Perth to get away from Melbounres speed cameras. Obviously not.

Those ones mounted in the cars are the most evil. They Not only can get u from the back, but from the front as well (i got done here) and they are very successful. Possibly a bit easier to pick in Perth, but these ****ers pick up a fortune by putting the cars in quiet suburban sidestreets and places where guys constantly speed.

Plus now, every time you see a camry, falcon, 4WD or commodore parked on the side of the road u have to slow. Here in Melb, ive seen XDs, Corollas, Hyundais, Landcruisers -you name it - with cameras mounted in them.

Im just waiting now for perth to introduce bigger fines and more points, bring the P plater age up to 18, give the P platers 5 demerit points and all the other utter bullshit that is in effect in Victoria.

ouchies... they should have signs before the cameras! As isnt it to stop speeding and save lives? This will do that. Someone check out what happened in America, they kept getting sued for entrapment of some shit and arent allowed to have those multinovas lol

I hate speed cameras so annoyin!

Although i believe the P plater = bigger fines and less points may actually be a good idea.

Saying that 3 years with only 12 points is basically shit all though..

Just a question.. it might be slightly off topic..

Do the patrol cars, those with the stripes and stuff driving around doing patrols have any special radar detector or speed sensing thingamajigs in the front of the car?

I was on the way down south to Albany and i was driving around 130ish and going around a long sweeping bend. A cop car came around the corner and the instant he came around, he stomped on the brakes, did a u and came after me.

The thing is, he claims i was doing 135. Fine fair enough.

But when did he know that? The minute he came around the corner?

Right as soon as he appeared around the corner, my foot was just gonna stomp the brake a bit and he already had his sirens on and ready to turn around. So how did he get my speed?

Do the patrol cars, those with the stripes and stuff driving around doing patrols have any special radar detector or speed sensing thingamajigs in the front of the car?

in Vic the Interceptors have a Radar externally mounted to thier frame where the lights are :D

you just cant win

I was on the way down south to Albany and i was driving around 130ish and going around a long sweeping bend. A cop car came around the corner and the instant he came around, he stomped on the brakes, did a u and came after me.

The thing is, he claims i was doing 135. Fine fair enough.

But when did he know that? The minute he came around the corner?

Right as soon as he appeared around the corner, my foot was just gonna stomp the brake a bit and he already had his sirens on and ready to turn around. So how did he get my speed?

those are the highway patrol cars.

generally on major open highways like that, they leave their radars on, as soon as you went thru its path, it recorded 135, and he went after you.

YEAP!! all patrol cars have them on their cars, i speed past one, he pointed at me :S and i look at the rear view mirror to find doing a u-turn, i shat and drove of into sum residential streets, didnt get caught, but that confirms that they do have it.

sorry to let everyone know as i thought i had got away with my rather fast speeding fine...

i have done my 3 months and paid for it now but i was lucky to get away with 3 months.

story for people to know

i got flashed doing a fast speed i thought it might have been too fast... but it wasnt...

it would have been close to 6 or 7 months later i got a phone call first and then i had to go down the station... and this is where my story changes from most... i got to fill out a form to explain my actions...

basically its a question and answer thing and i filled it out saying i had upgraded the safety of the car (brakes etc etc) and the car is built for speed etc etc and i had done driver training courses and there was no one else on the road and it was a clear day and stuff like that and then another while later i got a letter in the mail that i was only getting done for speeding with 6 points and 350$... when the initial charge was reckless or dangerous i cant remember... the speed i was going was well well over the speed limit and well past the 45+ reckless/dangerous driving rule... so i was lucky that i got the guy in the good mood i guess... why did i still lose my licence? i only had 3 points left ;) good luck mate....

dont wanna seem like a party pooper but from what you described it wasnt actually a speed camera. its a number plate reader that (obviously) reads number plates and checks currency of rego, state of the owners licence etc automatically. they have them around my area (vic park) because there was a thing in the local about a guy being caught by one. they trialled them a while back and looked like a white light looking sort of thing on a tripod but have now changed them to sit on the front of cop cars.

pretty good little things if you ask me...