SAU Community

i think my post is more suitable here

just went to have a look at my car today, it only arrived at the workshop late yesterday afternoon.

i know its low, so i requested for the front bar to be taken off during tranport.

my broker sent the request to japan, and "replied they said they wil take it off if it has trouble getting on and off the ship"

now theres 2 cracks on the bottom lip and 2 near the gril, the bar itself now is losely on.

i know its not entierly my brokers fault but what can i do?im running a very stricth budget, and i definately no its not my fault either, either way i saw this coming that why i requested the front bar off, but i dont want to end up paying for the repairs because i have mentioned it to him b4.

is their a fair way to sovle this, i already ask him to chip in for the repair, OR AT least provide me with the cheapest repair possible.

It sounds like the japanese suppliers fault, in my opinion i dont think the broker should pay anything.

I guess if the japanese supplier wanted more money to take it off they should've stated that in the reply (which I think is fair for their time), so it sounds like they just couldn't be bothered.

It should cost around the $100 to repair and 200 to paint might be even less, so i reckon just save yourself the hassle of chasing them and just fix it. anyway thats what i think

yeah i suggested that, i cant blame the broker cuz i know its aint his fault, but its the safe transportation is sum1 responsiblity though.

i dunno what to say, but after sending him the request to remove the front bar, and i did metion if it will cost more money i am willing to pay, so i really dont know hus got the responsibility there.

yeah i suggested that, i cant blame the broker cuz i know its aint his fault, but its the safe transportation is sum1 responsiblity though.

i dunno what to say, but after sending him the request to remove the front bar, and i did metion if it will cost more money i am willing to pay, so i really dont know hus got the responsibility there.

Well buying a car directly from japan has its risks, thats why in most cases it works out cheaper than buying locally. its like someone losing a guage, stereo etc. its all a risk which comes with trying to import a car yourself.

In regards to the shipping responsibility it would be the shipping company's, you can probably chase it up with them but i doubt if anything will eventuate, if you have the time and patience you might want to give it a shot.

just love the car too much i guess, i knew that it would have probs getting on and off, and i did get a request in, but i guess the japanese wharfes didnt give a shit, i know it aint my brokers fault, but after the request, he is still party responsible for the safety and transport of my vehical.

i know the risk invole but i im sure if u were me u wouldnt be happy about it either, and yes rierside im am baring it mate, im not immature enough to point fingers, but this is sumthing that can be avoided, and it wasnt. that the only that getting me atm.

Hey mate,

It seems like a bit of a problem because it can't be proved when it actually happened, on the ship from Japan, off the ship at Freo or somehow during transport. It might be difficult to get someone to take the blame for it, but maybe you will just have to get it repaired for a couple of hundred.

Not the broker's fault at all, but just try to get onto the Japanese supplier, after all you asked them to take it off & they even said they were going to but didn't.

Good luck with it all though.

just love the car too much i guess, i knew that it would have probs getting on and off, and i did get a request in, but i guess the japanese wharfes didnt give a shit, i know it aint my brokers fault, but after the request, he is still party responsible for the safety and transport of my vehical.

i know the risk invole but i im sure if u were me u wouldnt be happy about it either, and yes rierside im am baring it mate, im not immature enough to point fingers, but this is sumthing that can be avoided, and it wasnt. that the only that getting me atm.

mate it is not your brokers fault at all. you paid him money, he put you intouch with people who provided you various services (car purchase, freight, customs clearance etc). he is in no way responsible. I recently imported a GTR, on the way here the front lipped got slightly knocked and detached from the main bar on the drivers side. it was hanging down so they (the wharfies, transport people) tapped it up. the tape came off so it was hanging down again. the people in sydney helped me tape it up again, when I got it to the workshop the guys pulled the tape off and some paint came with it. you know what? big deal. it's not their fault. sh1t happens. I paid $300 to have the bar and lip repaired, the lip returned to black (was painted) and the bar resprayed and it looks very nice. i couldn't be happier. :D

Can I ask why you paid a broker $1100 to do nothing, if you were on such a strict budget?

You could have dealt with the jap supplier yourself, would have been able to personally talk to the people that mattered about your bumper. Saved yourself damage and brokers costs. Even if it still came in damaged you would have had $1100 to fix it.

You really only have yourself to blame, think of it as a learning experience :P

Can I ask why you paid a broker $1100 to do nothing,  if you were on such a strict budget?  

You could have dealt with the jap supplier yourself, would have been able to personally talk to the people that mattered about your bumper. Saved yourself damage and brokers costs. Even if it still came in damaged you would have had $1100 to fix it.

You really only have yourself to blame, think of it as a learning experience :P

Get over it, you have made your point in various other threads - we dont need another "why did you waste your money paying a broker" speil from you.

Get over it, you have made your point in various other threads - we dont need another "why did you waste your money paying a broker" speil from you.

Get over what? Time and time again I see people wasting their money on an illegitimate service, I will not hold my tongue.

Import broking is not a legitimate service its a big industry scam, perpetuated by people like yourself who tell all their friends to use them.

It’s like paying someone to tell you where the radiator is so you can check your cars water. You could have just asked a mate and he would have showed you for free, or you could have done a little research and found the information easily yourself.

Unfortunately many people who take the import route are new to the game and dont know where to start and would hands down prefer to let an experienced broker assist them with the process. I know several japanese agents and after importing my first car and learning what is required I would have no problem bypassing a broker on the next occasion.

Most people dont have the luxury of direct contacts in Japan so its pretty damn simple to understand why the majority of buyers importing their own car choose to use a broker.

I think everyone understands that you dont approve of brokers or the fees they charge but there really isnt a need to ram your opinion down peoples throats at every given opportunity.

Unfortunately many people who take the import route are new to the game and dont know where to start and would hands down prefer to let an experienced broker assist them with the process. I know several japanese agents and after importing my first car and learning what is required I would have no problem bypassing a broker on the next occasion.

Most people dont have the luxury of direct contacts in Japan so its pretty damn simple to understand why the majority of buyers importing their own car choose to use a broker.

I think everyone understands that you dont approve of brokers or the fees they charge but  there really isnt a need to ram your opinion down peoples throats at every given opportunity.

In your very response you support everything I say! They only reason people use import brokers is lack of information, so why the hell are you trying to stop me giving information???? It is not a luxury to have phone number or websites of jap exporter, its just a matter of looking and asking.

I don’t care what you think there is a need for or not. I would have thanked anyone that had the sense to inform me that brokers are a useless and unneeded expense when importing before I imported my first car.

Unless you have some vested interest in supporting brokers why would you care if I was informing people of their options and the cold hard truth of importing?

In your very response you support everything I say! They only reason people use import brokers is lack of information, so why the hell are you trying to stop me giving information???? It is not a luxury to have phone number or websites of jap exporter, its just a matter of looking and asking.

I don’t care what you think there is a need for or not. I would have thanked anyone that had the sense to inform me that brokers are a useless and unneeded expense when importing before I imported my first car.

Unless you have some vested interest in supporting brokers why would you care if I was informing people of their options and the cold hard truth of importing?

Look, we admit you may have a point. However, you keep coming across as a ranting and raving loony trying to assassinate all brokers and declare them as murderers.

If you were serious about helping people out, you would draw up an article *how to import a car*, and you would provide a comprehensive list of contacts and links to suppliers in Japan. In effect, you would be doing what the brokers do, only for free. Telling people to *search* is very unhelpful. They would rather have their hand held through the process. So, put up or shut up. Please. :flamed:

mate

did u take insurance?

was it in a container or onboard a RORO( Roll on Roll Off) Vessel?

and were u there when it was unloaded?

i took the risk of not taking insurance,because it would have costed more than the front bar. it was put on ro-ro that the reason why i ask for the front bar to be taken off in the first place, i gave him 2 weeks advance b4 the loading date, and no i wasnt there, my car is a the picked up and delieveed straight to my broker where he will comply it, he told me that under RAWS it cant be out of the RAWS workshop after it has been fully licensed and complied etc.

as for using brokers, i didnt have any contacts and i wanst sure about prices and the process of it all, i just had to se what is necessary to do, i know i be in direct contact with the japs next time round.

if its going to cost me 300 bux i guess im ok with that. as for my broker im sure we can work sumthing out, i dont think hes a bastard. when i went to talk to him to see if i could see my car he goes "u are going to hate me for this, its got 2 cracks in the bumpers" LOL lets just hope hes kind enough to get me cheap repairs or even better pitch in for sum. then ill definately be recommend his services.

but other than that i think ive calm down about it now, i know shit happens, i saw it coming just that no actions were taken that all.

btw if any have contacts with the japanese supplier and the know how, PLZZZ post a sticky up and help us all out abit here to see our options.

thanks guys

my car is a the picked up and delieveed straight to my broker where he will comply it, he told me that under RAWS it cant be out of the RAWS workshop after it has been fully licensed and complied etc.

when i went to talk to him to see if i could see my car he goes "u are going to hate me for this, its got 2 cracks in the bumpers"  LOL lets just hope hes kind enough to get me cheap repairs or even better pitch in for sum. then ill definately be recommend his services.

btw if any have contacts with the japanese supplier and the know how, PLZZZ post a sticky up and help us all out abit here to see our options.

thanks guys

Call DOTR's to verify this but a few things,

The car didnt have to go straight to the RAW from the docks it could of gone to your place, did what ever and deliver it.

If the cracks are only minor and arent structial thay dont have to be repaired, the RAW dosent have to do it for you either.

Who did you pay the money to in Japan, what did the auction report say and who charged you this expencive fee to give him self work.

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/raws_online_guide.htm

Call DOTR's to verify this but a few things,

The car didnt have to go straight to the RAW from the docks it could of gone to your place, did what ever and deliver it.

If the cracks are only minor and arent structial thay dont have to be repaired, the RAW dosent have to do it for you either.

Who did you pay the money to in Japan, what did the auction report say and who charged you this expencive fee to give him self work.

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/raws_online_guide.htm

i paid al of the money throw my broker so far. as for the auction sheets im having a good look at it when i fully hand over the final payments for the car, thats when he wil hand me over the papers. as for now im keeping a close eye on it all.