SAU Community

blowing dipstick out

stroked 32

sounds like pcv valve is blocked, pull it off and clean it out, check other oil breather pipes too. yeah, dipstick blowing out is because of pressure building up and having nowhere to go.

hope that helps,

Sam

I 'spose it's OK to be an optimist, but enough crankcase pressure to blow dipstick out, indicates excessive blow-by past rings, regardless of Pcv valve. Engines don't usually take your financial position into account, before misbehaving.

I dont think so, the pressure from a turbo would only be around 20 psi or thereabouts and the compression pressure is around 120 psi plus.

if its leaking when its filling the cylinder with boosted 20 psi air then your rings would really be stuffed, and you would be getting blue smoke from exhaust all the time.

check the pcv etc, if its blocked the pressure has to go somewhere, i.e. push past the dipstick or cause oil leaks in gaskets.

a friend of mine's rb20det has done it for a while, even when it was running stock boost but still no blue smoke out of engine.

simple thing to try- a bit hopeful but worth a go! grab someone-else's RB20DET dipstick and see if it blows out also, maybe yours is a bit worn...

if you've got no blue smoke from engine yet, I would just be carful with the boost you run.

Just a Quick note .

My car is doin this too and ISNT blowing any smoke.

Where does one find this PCV valve ?

I am having the same issue , and wanan try clean it out. My Oil pressure is exactly right and Compression ratio is fine too . So im not thinking rings , can someone help me plz.

P.S sorry for the Hijak