SAU Community

Step by Step guide to getting your money back

Unfortunately I have made the mistake like so many of us before of buying something from the for sale section via direct deposit and have been screwed over in the process.

To cut a long story short. I had been searching around the forums for a long time in order to find a cheap R33 S1 turbo and found this turbo for sale in the private section http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=73127 and discussed it further with Fidel04 also know as Phil Mountford a regular user on boostcrusing.com ( http://fidel.boostcruising.com/ ). Basically the deal was a R33 turbo from a front cut with a free dump pipe for $275 including freight. Being a trusting person and thinking that everyone seemed decent in the import scene (a thought long diminished) deposited the money and was excited at the prospect of getting myself a new turbo for my R32.

A couple of days later after sending several messages waiting for confirmation of the payment being put through I heard nothing back from him for about 5 days. Finally I recieved a message saying "yes the payment has been put through, turbo was sent last thursday and I'll give shipping details tomorrow." Today being a week later since last hearing from him I have suspected the worst and action may need to be taken.

I am a reasonable sort of guy. I have given him the option on countless amounts of time that I dont mind if he admits he hasnt sent (or never had) the turbo, deposit the amount back into my account and leave it at that. Unfortunately he has refused my offer blinded by his arrogance thinking that he can get away with it easily.

Basically the information I have of his is:

-His full name

-Address

-Mobile number

-and account details

-a picture of himself, what his car looks like and his rego

This information is more than enough to take him down with relative ease. What I am asking is that many people on the queensland forum seem to know about him and his cefiro pretty well. Please speak to him and stop him from making the wrong decision because I will and I mean will take him down hard with criminal charges of fraud just so I can show him how pissed off I am and to make him an example for other people who think its easy to commit fraud in the for sale section.

Even still the freight guarantee's that it should arrive here in a maximum of 10 days so I am taking it easy until tuesday which will be when the 10 day limit expires, to which if it does arrive I will apologise and delete this thread but I am not too confident that this will happen.

I will update on tuesday to the situation at hand.

Regards,

Scott

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it is not a very nice thing to happen but I am hopeful that it will be resolved in a civilised manner before tuesday. I will use the information as well in that link if it comes to that as well.

This if fidel's GF, i am currently resolving this and another issue on his behalf, he was selling these turbos for a friend of his and his friend seems to of ****ed him around and delayed in sending these for no explicable reason.

Please close this thread as it is being resolved personally, and feel free to re-open this thread if it is not sorted out satisfactorily

Scott, hope you get the issue sorted mate .... some people on these and other forums are unfortunately not good to deal with. I had a similar experience with Boostn247 and ended up just copping the monetary loss on the chin and giving him a bad trader rating

Good luck nonetheless !

Ok I got ****ed over by fidel as well.

It will be 4 weeks on monday since I made a deposit and still no turbo (same price etc as you BAZ) If FIDEL doesnt give me my cash back on tuesday Im going up there to get it off him.

2nd time on SAU ive tried to get a turbo and got ****ed over so looks like ill have to do COD or nothing.

DO NOT CLOSE THIS THREAD AND DO NOT BELEIVE THE "PROOF" THAT IT WAS SENT,hE GAVE ME A RECEIPT FROM LAST WEDNESDAY,POST OFFICE SAID IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HERE BY NOW.

Keep this thread going until we get cash back of this ****er.

do Not Beleive A Thing This Guy Says.he Wont Answer His Phone To Sort Anything Out And Wont Give Any Indication That He Is Going To Give The Money Back He Hides Behind "it Was Sent What Can I Do".

Well ****del You Can Start By Giving Me And Scott Our Money Back Then Do Your On Chasing Up Mate.easy To Rip Someone's Money Off And Cost The A Month Of Lost Time Then Giving It Back Isnt It ****del.

Yeah If anyone knows him on here ( I know of a couple ) can they tell him to give our cash back.

Sick of little pissweak dicks who try to rip you off then play dumb when they are caught or think they will get in trouble.

for ****s sake, ive done all i can do, and shown u receipts me mate gave me for the stuff i sold on his behalf, there is not a lot more I can do....

It appears I have been royally ****ed over by an apparent friend, I should of listened to people who told me he wasnt all he pretended to be, I will refund both you guys, but you have to understand I am out of pocket for the $ as i forwarded the $ to my "mate" who has screwed me big time

I have both your banking details, and will arrange a refund as soon as I have the $...

Ive not been able to contact my mate, and I have advertised other assets for sale to hopefully raise the required $$ ASAP

I have the postage receipts i have sent to both you guys, which can only be obtained after these items have been posted. Thats why I can not understand how they can not be there yet, or how u can claim they were never sent

Ok seems like the matter is being sorted out. I've been told that if the turbo doesnt arrive by next thursday he will refund the money. I would have really liked to have the turbo but we will have to wait and see

I have the postage receipts i have sent to both you guys, which can only be obtained after these items have been posted. Thats why I can not understand how they can not be there yet, or how u can claim they were never sent

so you sent them... and you have the postage reciepts...

then what does this have to do with your "friend" that you claim has screwed you?

so, either

a) there's been problem with postage - unlikely... how often does that happen, and how often to 2 people...

B) there was no turbo, there was no postage, there is no reciept, and the cash is sitting in your bank account

Waz.

its a $50 bid for an item clearly worth more than that!

I havent ever claimed i sent them, i have sent the boys recepts for the postage my mate gave me for freight, as my mate imports 1/2 cuts there is no reason that the turbo's never existed, and i can show proof the funds were immediately transferred outta my account to my "mate" once received.

This if fidel's GF, i am currently resolving this and another issue on his behalf, he was selling these turbos for a friend of his and his friend seems to of ****ed him around and delayed in sending these for no explicable reason.

Please close this thread as it is being resolved personally, and feel free to re-open this thread if it is not sorted out satisfactorily

I guess the lesson learnt here is don't sell products that are not in your posession!