SAU Community

Garage Debris Airbox pics are up!

NZM.031

here we are guys,

the first one

showphoto.php?photo=15186&cat=500&page=1

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/photopost...&cat=500&page=1

will be in production soon, just waiting on some more equipment to make a better more professional product.

so far only for r33 gtsts

made from 2mm polished aluminium with blue, red or yellow trims

$100 + p/h

[email protected]

cheers

Linton

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks neat but 2 questions

1. Can an aftermarket pod fit underneath the box or is it an entire replacement for the stock airbox?

2. How does air get in? Or is it more of a heatshield than a proper airbox with duct.

it looks to be more of a heat sheild but hey thats what i was after =)

as WinK said wheres the air come in from ???

you could probally duct it up from under the box where the old intercoolr piping was, have it suck from the front bar !!! CAI yay!!!

i still hae one question tho whats it like for removal and install cause i dont want cleaning it to be a bitch =(

i made a duct from the front bar....air can get in from around the head light and stuff... its a box for aftermarket pods... so you dont get defected.

cleaning the pod is easy as removing three allen head bolts that hold the lid on

installation is easy as too.

cheers

Linton

also making radiator panels, finalising design, pics will be up soon.

Linton I'll volunteer my car for an R32 testbed if you're interested. I will be making my own in a few weeks anyway.

And your R33 looks brilliant! You cant see much from your sig/avatar; the pics in the gallery are the money, and she looks great!

Mark

will be doing other cars soon. i havent quit my day job so i can only do so much with my evenings, waiting on more equipment to make job more professional...

getting into anodizing shortly too, watch this space!! imagine anodized cam covers, cooler piping, inlet manifolds, brackets, anything aluminium...hell even an anodized head.

cheers

Linton

replace the 3 Allen key bolts with thumb-screws like you can get on the back of computer cases and you have a winner. I'd deftinatly appreciate not having to pull out the Allen's every time I want to get into it, less tools the better.

Where in the Valley are you? I havent seen you around and your car is almost identical to mine.

i made a duct from the front bar....air can get in from around the head light and stuff... its a box for aftermarket pods... so you dont get defected.

cleaning the pod is easy as removing three allen head bolts that hold the lid on

installation is easy as too.

cheers

Linton

also making radiator panels, finalising design, pics will be up soon.

are you sure its not defectable?!?! It looks great! wouldn't mind doing that with my car, if you're 100% sure its not defectable :D

its a fully enclosed box housing the filter securely....every cop that has pulled me over has asked whats under it and i just say an air filter....the scowl at me and then look for other things.

hmmm... you sure? maybe it was the luck of the draw? as in a semi nice cop? i've just been done for my pod twice, and both times i was told it HAD to be a plastic box :D just don't want to risk it a 3rd time, unless i'm sure i won't get done!