SAU Community

Ban To Be Inforced On P Plate Drivers Kiss Your Skylines GOODBYE

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are you talking about? in vic you arent allowed to drive any car that has more than 100kw per tonne. the r32 gts-t fits under this rule but the r33/r34 don't. not sure if the silvia/180sx would. just realised your in qld, oh well welcome to vics rule :rofl: its not too bad i mean its probably kept a few kids from hitting power poles at 130kmh in their vl turbo's . the rule applies to all cars, regardless of displacement, induction, cyclinders etc. however its not harshly enforced daily you see p platers driving high powered cars (well those over 100kw/ per tonne) and cops drive past them and dont blink an eyelid. i think it just depends on the copper and time of day really wether they will pull you over i guess. i mean its a raod rule right, vicroads knows what licence you have and what car you have. why not do an sql query every week

select name, address from database where power > 100 and weight > 1000 (or some crayz query to work out power to wieght ratio)

The cops or vic roads would then have a list of people who are on their p plates driving high powered cars. i mean theres no law against you owning a high powered car on your p-plates and just having it in your drive way, its only when you drive it.

sorry my bad, 125kw per tonne. its fair enough. a lot of p platers would kill themselves with high powered cars. its a pity the rule isnt enforced that well. even insurance companies give insurance to p platers driving how powered cars. i guess if they rule was enforced better then they should deny the insurance as the car is too powerful (well under vic rego and vic drivers p plates)

They prolly just mean the LS1 as it would be over that limit.

I reckon it should be alot lower than that. More like 90kw/tonne, thats a standard commonwhore, too many kids learning to run before they can walk, hey dont shoot me thats just what i reckon. If i was 17 again id prolly be trying to get something crazy fast too but theres a greater chance of me not being around today if i did. Most ppl drive their entire lives and once you've got ure gtr at 18 u can only go downhill from there. :P

....100kw per tonne. the r32 gts-t fits under this rule but the r33/r34 don't. not sure if the silvia/180sx would.

as far as i know the older silvias with the ca18det's are okay but the sr20dets are over the ratio.

Yes its 125/tonne and no V8's

V8s are legal. I could have 183 cylinders if i wanted to as long as it was under 3.5 litres per tonne ... the rule is 3.5 litres per tonne and 125 kw per tonne... little does your average P Plater know that they can drive pre AU V8 Falcons and pre VT V8 Commodores, I was considering this, but fuel economy is better in a six, and the insurance (can be) cheaper.

90kw/tonne' date=' thats a standard commonwhore, QUOTE']

This is more than a falcon though, and a few other cars... ( Wouldn't the Corolla (sportivo?) be over this?)

let me rephrase what i originally said

in vic you arent allowed to drive any car that has more than 125kw per tonne. the r32 gts-t fits under this rule but the r33/r34 don't. not sure if the silvia/180sx would. just realised your in qld, oh well welcome to vics rule its not too bad i mean its probably kept a few kids from hitting power poles at 130kmh in their vl turbo's . the rule applies to all cars, regardless of displacement, induction, cyclinders etc. however its not harshly enforced daily you see p platers driving high powered cars (well those over 120kw/ per tonne) and cops drive past them and dont blink an eyelid.

I've heard so much bullshit and i was getting sick of it so i went into the RTA and asked them myself. The rumours about having to be 18 before you can get your P's in ACT and NSW, and other items such as power restrictions, as far as the lady was aware at the ACT shopfront, she said the law about the age change is complete BS, and the rule about power restrictions in NSW is currently under review, however she believed that this rule will most likly be enforced soon, and will then apply shortly after to ACT as well... But as far as im aware at this present time, in NSW you can drive what ever you want, there are no rules as long as your on your P's or L's accompanied with a fully licenced driver, or wether you are a fully licenced driver, however on a different note VIC have power restrictions to P platers, and i'm sure someone who knows them better has, or if not will explain them.

Hope this helps your confusion?

Dayne

from my understanding of that article.. All current P PLate drivers are fine.. unless they commit an offence after July 11 then when they get back from losing their licence.. they cant drive a high performance car or take more then one passenger.. For all new red p1 drivers after july 11 they cant drive a turbo car till there p plates are finished.. so 20 at the earliest.. wrong or right??