SAU Community

Tein Coilovers suit R32 GT-R

Hi Guys, only bought the car a little while back and am not full bottle on the various types of Tein available, so can't give you a model number.

They are currently on the car so if you're in Perth, message me and you can come and see/feel the ride for yourself if you're interested.

Reason for sale: I'm getting old and soft...:whatsthat ... and they aren't either of those things. (acutally they don't ride too bad, but I am going for Bilsteins - you be the judge - probably great for drifters)

I am told they should be worth around $800 - $1000 ?

Offers would be considered of course.

If you want to know more about "what sort are they", please just tell me what to look for (colour, shape etc?) and I will describe them better.

Cheers!

Matt.

']are they height adjustable? damper adjustable? both? this will give you an idea of what one it is. someone can tell you which one is which. I know HA and HR but not which is which. did that make sense? haha

Ah yeah. Good point .

They are height adjustable, but my workshop guys don't "think" that they are damper adjustable. Might have to take it down to one of the local workshops that know Teins and get them to have a close look and tell me which sort they are.

Are the GTR and GTS-T R32 sussy the same??? can they be used on either model?

I am not 100% sure of this. But I asked the suspension guy over here who I deal through and he's pretty sure it only fits R32 GTR and nothing else.. disappointing huh..

Anyone know different?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• OK. I can see that being the case. But if you live in the land of "only switching between 4.08, 4.11, 4.36" like most Skyliners, then you never encounter it. Now I perhaps understand why the crownwheel is thicker on some of the smaller numerical ratio diffs. The two stubs being the same (unequal) lengths and just swapped side to side between the different cases is a new one to me. I'm hating Nissan R200s more than ever now.
    • Reason I say this is I have seen broken ones, in drift, drag and even behind a stock Z. I do appreciate most of the time its the synchro's that go.   Trouble with quoting HP is it doesn't really say how strong the box is.  I've not seen many CD00X box's make it past a mid 9(150mph) I have seen about a stock R33 RB25 box's run a 9 too, they all go boom at some point though.   Another clue is they make gearsets for CD00X box's too, wouldn't be a market if they didn't break or have a limit people are going past.   I totally agree it is a strong box, just have to weigh up the true total cost of the conversion vs rebuilding with a good gearset. 
    • What makes you say CD009 boxes are not as strong as you would think? I've always been told the last revision (CD00A) is good for 1000whp and I have no issue's believing it when comparing one side by side with an RB25 box. Makes them look tiny. 
    • I picked up an open Center with shafts. I was told the Open shafts will fit a mechanical LSD and looking at them. I think they will work. Will update 
    • The manual says a lot about the different ratios requiring different shafts. all the Centers are the same but depending on the ratio, this determines the shafts because different ratios need the center to be offset more or less or right to left.