SAU Community

MAGIC Cat vs NEW CATCO Cat

My R32 will be ready for compliance in 2 weeks time - and I will making my Cat decision based on the the results posted - Can't wait ;)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I manage a metallurgy laboratory.

If someone can arrange for sample of the substrate (a gram is plenty), I'll have an analysis back within 24 hours as to whether it contains any platinum group metals (Pt, Pd, etc) or indeed anything other than what's in a normal s/steel alloy.

Cheers

Gav

I manage a metallurgy laboratory.  

If someone can arrange for sample of the substrate (a gram is plenty), I'll have an analysis back within 24 hours as to whether  it contains any platinum group metals (Pt, Pd, etc) or indeed anything other than what's in a normal s/steel alloy.

Cheers

Gav

What's postage like from Australia to Bulgaria? :)

BOOSTD,

the 'metal cats' are good cats. we've tested those and they came up with good results on emissions, just like they clearly state.

the difference between the metal cat and this new catco cat is the body. the metal cat is quite small, i think its the same body size as the magic cat (4"), whereas the catco one is larger (5") and can pass through more exhaust gas than those. both have 200 cell pr sq inch catalysts, whereas magic cat has 300 cell per sq inch. this just means that the metal cat and catco cat have larger holes, thus being able to let through more exhuast gas than the magic cat.

either way though, the metal cat doesnt need cone reducers, as it already has them, like the catco cat, with 3" piping at the ends. the magic cat however needs all those extra bits (cone reducers, 3" piping) welded on, as its just a 4" pipe, this adds up, and because its not done by a machine, it would probably be quite rough in the end, depending on the skills of the person doing it for you at the exhaust shop...

keep a look out in the next issues in different magazines (e.g fast fours, HPI etc), you will notice hi-tech mufflers, liverpool exhaust and a few other well known exhaust shops advertise the new catco cats. i know hi-tech have been doing some dyno tests on the WRX with some very interesting dyno results.

Guest Mashrock

still not running a cat.

but i think soon the car is to be track only.. so i not sure if i am to bother with cats.

needs to make some nice twin 2 1/2inch side pipes tho

anyone have a pic of it on their car? I'm waiting for the results so I can get one or not too.

Not in the car but ready to go in. A couple of photos in my gallery.

Marc2

HAHAHAHAHAHH this is funny!

How many people have bought cats that are just a fancy straight through pipe?

You got ripped off guys :P

Must... not... feed... the... troll.....

You have evidence its just a straight through pipe? Post it up. Or is this just going to be like your tirade against import agents?