SAU Community

Reflective License Plate Spray

its been covered on myth busters on abc, it doesnt shit

Saw this, nothing at all worked, even some huge contraption they stuck on the roof with rotating mirrors couldn't affect radar or lidar. Australia uses lidar I believe.

Rotating number plate sounds interesting haha, is it really worth it though? Easier not to be a dick on the streets.

Yer I heard that hairspray doesn't work on speed cameras.

but the things about speed cameras are, if you've been past that road before and know it's there, just slow down for 100 metres or so and speed up again if you want.

My friend bought an interesting device from taiwan that fits above the number plate.

It's basically some type of light sensor with a flash attached to it. If it detects a flash (from the first flash of a speed camera) it will flash itself and the numberplate is hidden. Cops wont' see it either. He tested it out with a normal hand held camera and it worked, but with red-eye reduction the sensor got confused with the multiple flashes.

there are speed sensor lines in the road 3 ithink these measure distance over time to get speed reading once you past these sensors you can put your foot down except the ones in wollongong these ones use radar this is for fixed speed cameras. keep an i out for the lines

I've seen it, and i didnt know it was on the car (it was parked) and when i was walking it drew my attention sooo much, then i realised what it actually was, if i could see this that easily, imagine if you had a cop behind you how easily they could see it. Its really not worth it guys, best bet is not to speed at all, but if you have too dont do it where you know cameras are usually.

Dayne

For motorbikes you can get a clear lcd panel, that is perfectly unnoticable, and then with the press of a button it turns the crystal display off and the screen goes white blanking your plate.

A bloke at work had his front number plate hinged at the top and with the pull of the cable would fly upwards ;)

one of the few dodgy mods he had done to his WB Ute, Bogans......

I wonder if you could dodgey something up to work like those welding masks with the liquid crystal clear faces that go black when you start to weld.

Only work at night i guess but, most of the times i got done were at night.

Basically not taking notice...72 in a 60...doh..in a celica ! 3am on a Sunday night....Sheeeeeeite !

There was some device i saw on an old top gear episode a while ago that is originally used for an automatic garage opener.

You place the little sensor near you front number plate and when the sensor detects a radar signal it sends its own signal back and thus causing whatever sent the original signal out to get a error reading. You could even hook up a LED inside the car so you would know when it was operating. I think this was only usefully on the hand held radars the cops use on the side of the road tho.

I did a search on this when i first saw it on top gear and found 1 place in the UK selling it for 200 Pounds plus shipping!!

Its just as easy to hit the brakes as it is to hit a switch and flip your plates, obviously you'd have to see the camera or know its there anyway, whats the point?.. unless you're planning on doing some mountain sprints for a few hours.. and even then, if a cop is sitting behind some trees waiting for you, no switch is going to save your ar5e anyway.

Probably only good for when you're at a meet/cruise and some n00b takes a pic of your car and posts it up plates and all..

from what I have seen, those sprays do nothing.

There is however a little divice called the road angel, which kind of works like sat-nav, except it has all the fixed speed camera locations in it's memory, and every time you approach a speed camera, it warns you so you can slow down for it.