SAU Community

Cheap Willowbank (QR) Track Day Monday 11th July 2005

GTS32

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will confirm ASAP.  I had a look at my car today and it has no engine  :)  Fingers crossed it will be ready in time. . . . .

ditto for me.... i'm waiting for my camber arms to arrive. will confirm again.

Car is getting tuned next week so will confirm then. (time of work shouldnt be a problem, fingers crossed...)!

this will be my first track day! (expect some supernatural crazy speeds from me or not lol...)

How often do parts break and stuff on trackdays? (i need to be able to drive home to the sunnycoast, all my friends a working!)

Is there anything else i need to know?

You only have to go as hard as you want. Great to see so many new people siging up for this day !!!

I will be put some new Time Attack results up soon by the looks of it.

Don't forget to fix Tim or myself up for the day ASAP as we are getting very close now !!!

Hi Guys

will confirm on Monday 27.6.05 if I can wrangle work committments...hopefully should be ok. Will transfer $$ mon evening. Haven't tried the new turbo and exhaust so very keen. Glad to here the track times are being organised.

Cheers

Dave

Ok guys, please arrange payment for the track day ASAP.

For those people that have indicated that they are attending and have not paid yet and are having problems with arranging the funds, Please let me know.

Regards,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

1 week to go!

Got some q's:

1. Whereabouts do i go? straight down champions way to QLD raceway and then where?

2. Can i hire a helmet?

3. How much is it to buy a helmet and from where on Bris Northside is a good place to get one?

4. Can the helmets be open faced or do they need to be the closed face style with visor?

1 week to go!

Got some q's:

1. Whereabouts do i go? straight down champions way to QLD raceway and then where?

2. Can i hire a helmet?  

3. How much is it to buy a helmet and from where on Bris Northside is a good place to get one?

4. Can the helmets  be open faced or do they need to be the closed face style with visor?

1. Drive straight in. Go to the left hand end of the carpark and you will see there should be a gate open to let you in to the pit straight (albeit from the wrong end). Get yourself a parking bay.

2. Yes you can hire helmets - from memory they are only about $5-$10 to hire.

3. You can buy cheap helmets from the likes of Tyretech - another good one is Cash Converters.

4. Your preference

Give Qld Raceway a call and find out about the helmet hire etc. 0754619100. I got mine from the Bike shop in Marooka, they have a good range there.

Also the day is booked out. If you have not paid yet there are no spaces left. Looks to be the biggest track (1/2) day we have had yet !!

Don't forget to arrive at 7:30am so we can get all the formailies out the way and get on the track as quick as possible.

Paul

(Also MountainRunner == GTRman1992. I am trying to make my login the same on all the forums I am on).

This track day is now full.

Thanks for those people that have confirmed that they are attending.

Remember that spectators are free

The next track day is Tuesday 30th August 2005

Regards,

If everyone who has paid could make sure they have sent myself or Tim their contact details that would be a great help in case we have to call you for some reason.

Also anyone who wants to be added to the email list for the next track day (30 Aug), just PM me your email address. They day is already 1/2 booked and almost 1/4 paid up.

Paul

Zymotic,

Yes I have received your payment and a spot has been allocated for you on Monday.

Others confirmed from Skylines Australia include:

Maccattack

Evo Cam

There were several others from Skylines Australia that expressed an interest, however did not come up with the $$$$$$, I hope that they can make it to the track day on the 30th August 2005.

Regards,