SAU Community

Newbie Skyline Lover in Perth

runn3r

Hi, i just got in Perth for about 2 weeks now. I bought my skyline three days ago. Im wondering. Is there a safe place to speed my car in a safe and legal place around here? I wanna feel its potential but im a bit worried with the laws here because it seems strict round here.

Some help would be nice, thanks in advance.

***EDITED***** SAU Forums do not condone breaking the law

If you don't like taking risks there always the option of drag racing at kwinana which I believe has now been moved to Sunday racing

if you want to go fast in a straight line head down the plex

if you wana find out how she handles join up for mc this winter i think liz is still takin names ( oh you gota be a SAUWA member for this)

MOTORPLEX

don't speed on the roads at this time of year in a new car with no feel for the surroundings and the car! I don't want to see your car on the auctions any time soon.....like so many others.

Be responsible.

yeah, I nearly aqua-planed into the curb on West Coast highway the other night...plus my car has a bit of an alignment problem to the left..

ya never know how beep the puddle is.

true that

watch out for the freeways, especially when the bus lanes meet cos my mate got done there, was ripping it and the cop was hiding behind those barricades that separate the bus lane from the actual freeway... think it was near the mt henry bridge or something... cheeky buggers...

Believe me mate the laws over here arent as strict as say they are over east. Find a nice car cruise to go on and hammer down the freeway with 40 other cars doing the same speed as you want to go. Either that or go on the freeway or highways around Perth at about 3am in the morning and there will be basically no one around. If you don't like taking risks there always the option of drag racing at kwinana which I believe has now been moved to Sunday racing

I didnt actually think there was anyone thick enough to make a comment like this

ah well, live and learn.

runn3r, keep it on the track or strip, you wont have to worry about loosing your car, your life or killing anyone else. The plex, ahg or wanneroo.

If you go to a track, its a safe environment where you dont have to worry (as much) about the many, many variables that can ruin your day/week/month/year/life.

i dont think we should be telling other ppl where, when and how to break the law on these forums

Agreed.

This is a stupid thread .... definitely a "newbie" :uh-huh:

Hehe, well, i dont know much about Perth and thats why i thought it would be a good idea to ask the people around! Neway, thanks for all the good advice. Really appreciate them. Problem was that back in my country, i usually drive my car at around 140km/h and the car i was driving was not even a sports car. I have a few friends who drives an RX7 and Evo4s and people there find it very normal but yeah, right now, im in Perth, and i dont wanna break the law because from what i heard, there are plenty of hidden cams around here.

Was hoping maybe i could test drive out my new toy and yeah, do it for free and legally without hurting other people. I heard that there is this are where people meet up nearby the desert and test out their cars? Is that true?

there is a place, its called the Northern Territory, abbreviated to NT - and alot of it is desert. Its not in this state, they (NT) have no speed limits on some roads.

In WA - to be legal (and safe) keep it on a track, sorry to bring the bad news :)

East Malaysia. Only problem was that cars are very expensive compare to Australia (Meaning that the price of cars here is 3x more expensive than the original price here, 2nd road condition isnt that good in some areas not unless you race on the highway during weekends.

I wonder if there is such place in this are.

there is a place, its called the Northern Territory, abbreviated to NT - and alot of it is desert.  Its not in this state, they (NT) have no speed limits on some roads.

In WA - to be legal (and safe) keep it on a track, sorry to bring the bad news :)

How far is NT really? Im very new here. Just lived here bout 3weeks.

This thread is closed. SAU does not condone breaking the law. If you want to see how fast your car will go - take it to the Motorplex on Wednesday nights. Thank you to those who actually gave sensible responses.