SAU Community

Seatbelts don't wind no more.. what belts can I use?

CC - mate i got same prob.......the seat belts wont retract properly........if u find out a good fix can u let me know! I'll have a hunt around myself...maybe its just the retractor thingy (my technical term :D ) has given up the ghost!

Mate just go the 5 point harness..... u got the seat for it lol

Ando

yeah my front seat belts also don't seem to wanna retract properly at times, althoug with a quick jab they normally work again, i'll prob get some new ones soon, thou also wanna know which ones fit, so can we confirm that only s13 ones fit, or also r32 ones?

R33 deviat have you tried giving the seatbelts a gentle yank? it's the way japanese seatbelt work, they are electronic, if you give them a ever so gentle tug they usually retract themselves,

same goes for you CC

try pressing the release button if it just happens occasionaly,

i was trying for 5 minutes to get the passenger seatbelt to retract once, then just pressed the button and it zoomed up, felt a bit stupid after that,

i dunno how it worked or if it was just coincidence?

electronic??

Cover the seat belt in silicon grease. You can usually buy these in spray cans from supercheap. Once it is covered in it wipe it off and presto it should work better. May need to repeat a couple of times to get it right but it should eventually retract like new. Also something else to note, silicon grease is good for windows that are a bitch to retract, simply spray it in the slides and wind it up and down until it starts to get better.

Mr Eps.....yeah man i do give em a yank, which works, but it just feels a little unsafe when ur driving and it isnt 'tight' around ur chest....doesnt take up the slack..... will try a few things mentioned here, see how it goes!

Cover the seat belt in silicon grease. You can usually buy these in spray cans from supercheap. Once it is covered in it wipe it off and presto it should work better. May need to repeat a couple of times to get it right but it should eventually retract like new. Also something else to note, silicon grease is good for windows that are a bitch to retract, simply spray it in the slides and wind it up and down until it starts to get better.

so you cover the whole seat belt from start to finish with this silicon grease?

i'm not totally sure how this will work but i'm guessing it would just make the belt slide through the loops easier with less friction, is that right? i thought it was the actual retracting mechanism that would be playing up...hmm...