SAU Community

Even Bigger BHP UK GTR Owner Joins.

Guest Henry

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boostmiester,

Yeh,my R33 has been on a couple of videos over the past two/three years.

Munro,

This year 2002 has seen a big start to Skyline Drag Racing in the UK with road legal cars doing great times,the quickest of the year belonging to "rocket Ronnies" R33 .....10.78sec.....,I`ve done an 11.30 in my R33.There were several more cars in the 11`s and to think these cars were driven to the Drag Strip,did their Times and were driven home,Skylines are amazing!

We are also into Top Speed runs were 209mph was this years quickest time and 0-60mph times got down to 3.2 seconds.

I have purchased with my good mate,Guy,a Pro-Drag R32 from Sunyou Garage in Japan which we will run next year but has already won many Events in Japan with times in the 9`s.This car we have named "Project X" and its road legal too!

2003 will see times tumbling,all we need now is some good weather,help.

Happy New Year,

Henry

Awesome.Fast Skylines are so cool.

I also have an R33 GTR.So far it has done a 10.6 @ 137mph.

Wouldn't exactly call it "street legal" though.I am currently looking

at my fuel system.Have 6 x 1000cc injectors, but am thinking of running a 2nd rail with 550cc as well.I couldn't tell from your photo

if you have 2 rails or not?

I have just received a new Holinger 6speed & hopefully the car will be ready to race in mid January.I have never pulled nines before, so hopefully, with this new combination we can crack through the barrier into single digit territory.

Another Adelaide fella has driven to the track & pulled 9.74 recently.I've been in it (an R32 GTR) on the street & it's very streetable.You are right - they are amazing cars.

Hmmm, weather.We have the opposite problem.Last couple of times at the track it was nearly 40 degrees!Great for traction but not too good for turbo cars(or the drivers)

Oh well, at least the nights are nice & warm.Night racing would be good!

Cheers,

Munro.

Yes,Project X has twin rails,a set of 550s & a set of 720s.We have the Holinger 6 speed sequential too.

I think a lot of us in the UK need to learn as much as possible about launching our GTR`s, as I`ve said before, we are new to Drag Racing.

Henry.

ultim8DTM5,

Many thanks for your offer but I like to drive my own cars at the Strip,I can`t afford pro-drivers like you;) :D

Henry.

PS.Give us a break in the frigging Cricket guys,come on......

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment I am using HKS 2835R turbos.

They are smaller than yours & may be replaced later once the rest of the car is fully sorted out.

I dont have a handbrake.Instead I use a line locker in the back brake line with a button on the steering wheel.The plan is to take

up the driveline slack with the back brakes locked on & release them on the launch.Haven't mastered it yet & am breaking heaps of shit!!!

Eventually I would like to run 3240 turbos, but I'll wait & see.

We`ve got a pair of 3240`s sitting on the shelf at HKS Europe if we want them but I haven`t even had a chance to let the R32 rip up the 1/4 yet so I wouldn`t think of changing up for a good while.

I have found out that our ex-Sunyou R32 ran a 9.6sec in Japan which is very respectable:) but until more infomation comes through I`ve no idea if that is its best time ever?

Our car is due to go on the Dyno Pack in a couple of weeks,so I I`ll keep you posted on our progress.

Happy New Year Oz!!!

Henry.