SAU Community

Blow Off Valve - Connecting the Vacuum Hose

Ebola-33t

Hi all,

Just to let u guys know that i did some experimentation with where to connect the vacuum line from the top of the blow off valve to the intake manifold etc. I have read in some instruciton forums etc that connecting the vacuum line to the throttle body will provide vacuum when the throttle is closed.... i did not have any success with this , as the valve would only activate when i eased off the throttle slowly, not when i took my foot straight off.

I have since split the line running to the wastegate, and connected the blow off valve through there (not sure if mine is a standard vacuum hose adaptor, however it is located to the bottom right of the throttle body on the manifold, if u were looking the same way as the flow path).

It seems to work fine, with no boost spikes or anything from the wastegate sharing its vacuum source.

Any comments, would be appreciated... aka, have i just created a time bomb :OP

i only just hooked my BOV up and it was through the basic knowledge that i had...and believe me its basic. i seem to have a whole lot more hoses than everyone else. but its stil workin fine. i think it feels like it doesnt hit full boost til 4Gs instead of 3Gs as it always did when it wasnt hooked up tho. i took a few pics here they are. most ppl have their BOV's closer to the throttle body than i do. has anyone else hooked it up similar to this?? or am i a d1ckhead. :bonk:

P.S. im not too good with a digi camera and shrinking the pics to fit so sorry if they are crap.