SAU Community

Rally SA 6th & 7th August

Oosh

regarding hanging all over the track, i dont want to be like in those clips i see on the net where a spectator wonders onto the track and gets clipped/dodged by the rally car b/c his/she was too close. hehehehe how embarassing would that be, telecasted to all to see how you got owned. !!!

http://www.rallyofsa.com.au/Forties1.html - has a map of the viewing areas, there's a spot in the middle between the two hairpins of the Forties and Ridgetops stages, is that it?

Anyways i hope everyone else found their way back to this thread since my old link wasn't working with this new forum migration.

Okay, based on the poll in the other thread we've settled on Saturday for the day, the meet point will be the regular place in the North East, but I'll send out PMs on Friday to all those who've posted in here thus far (if you've been lurking then make yourself known now so i can message you).

As for a time, the Rally action starts at 8:30AM, it'll take ~1hr to drive there (maybe more if we get stuck in traffic?) plus: parking, getting the shuttle bus, buying tickets, finding a good spot, etc.

So I say, the earlier the better, i know i originally threw around 9:00AM but unless people are particularly against:

8:00AM Meet, 8:15AM Depart.

Nozila, Sambo33, Deluxe, and Boof haven't been active since teh forum change, all my email notifications and old links stopped working so they may not know what's going on.

I have Sam & Duc 's mobile ph. no. 's so i can get in touch with them and pass on the details no worries, but it's the other two I'm worried about. I'll PM them all regardless but if anyone has alternative ways to contact them could you please pass on the info?

Cheers,

- Ash.

Okay this is my last message before i knock-off work and start drinking beer ;)

Remember to pack some warm clothes, BOM has tm as "Min 6 Max 16 Fine. Mostly sunny" for Adelaide, so hopefully it wont rain.

See you all at 8:00AM at the location i PM'd you.

It was a good day! Having never seen the SA rally before, I was keen to go have a look. It turned out to be a bit difficult for me because I didn’t have my car back, and living on the other side of town from the meet up point. Id like to thank Oosh for the accommodation & driving me around, also thanks to Nightcrawler for the hills-run in PCOTY & the 8-ball. I should have some rally pics up sometime in the next couple of days. ;)

Cheers,

Sam

It was a good day! Having never seen the SA rally before, I was keen to go have a look. It turned out to be a bit difficult for me because I didn’t have my car back, and living on the other side of town from the meet up point. Id like to thank Oosh for the accommodation & driving me around, also thanks to Nightcrawler for the hills-run in PCOTY & the 8-ball. I should have some rally pics up sometime in the next couple of days. :D

Cheers,

Sam

You're welcome mate, any time, and thanks too for the 8-Ball Andrew.

I had a good day, well worth it, and I should have some pictures up soonish...

Hi guys,

My rally plans were changed on Friday afternoon when the master cylinder on the clutch went at Southgate shopping centre. Lots of V8 drivers smiled/laughed as my beloved GTR was towed away. Anyway still made it to the rally in a mates car, saw Andrew's S15 in the car park and a few skylines but didn't see you guys at the track. Tried to call Ash but had no mobile coverage. Hung around to 4:30. Was freezing all day and got sunburnt... at least the fires were toasty. Great day topped off by going to the drifting yesterday where I saw heaps of skylines in the carpark (and two on the track).

Hi guys,

My rally plans were changed on Friday afternoon when the master cylinder on the clutch went at Southgate shopping centre.  Lots of V8 drivers smiled/laughed as my beloved GTR was towed away.  Anyway still made it to the rally in a mates car, saw Andrew's S15 in the car park and a few skylines but didn't see you guys at the track.  Tried to call Ash but had no mobile coverage.  Hung around to 4:30.  Was freezing all day and got sunburnt... at least the fires were toasty.  Great day topped off by going to the drifting yesterday where I saw heaps of skylines in the carpark (and two on the track).

Bummer, shame we missed you, who are you with, as I had pretty reasonable coverage from Telstra GSM at the track?