SAU Community

Juiced: Head's Up!

nmcmahon83

Hi Guys...

My first post in the games section, and I hope it is a worthwhile one.

I purchased Juice tonight... $99.95 at EB. Got home inserted the disc and got in to my usual PS2 chair. The introduction looked promising, decent looking cars with nice sounding engines/turbos etc racing around and so I began to get excited.

Unfortunately, when comparing the graphics, handling, racing, action, even the audiosoundtrack to that of NFSU2, well there is just no comparison. The cars felt more like bricks on wheels (or some kind of boat) than flexible, suspended chasis. Without having driven any kind of RWD car yet I can not comment on the characteristics of them, however the FWD cars were a joke.

I give this game maybe a 4.5/10 and as such I plan to take advantage of EB's 7 day return policy and get my money back as I just can not justify wasting $100 on a game I will not enjoy.

Bottom line: If you like NFSU2, don't buy this game. If you prefer Jet Boat Racing, this game is right up your alley.

Cheers.

yeh this game realy isnt worth it! It did look promissing last year when it first came out. but youd think having it taken back off the shelves to go back into development for another 7-8 months would have realy made it an awesome game... but obviously not.

i have it... luckily i didnt buy it... yay for the HDD.

i dont mind it... graphically its ok... gameplay is ordinary... the actual concept is better put together than NFSU2... most annoying thing is how hard to judge where the corner starts as there can be too much colour on the screen and makes it hard to tell.

the different modes are quite cool as are the cars available...

all up probably a 6/10 from me.

worth getting if ur not paying for it :rofl: helps u appreciate it a little more...

yeh this game realy isnt worth it! It did look promissing last year when it first came out. but youd think having it taken back off the shelves to go back into development for another 7-8 months would have realy made it an awesome game... but obviously not.

i cant remember which company it was first released by but, they went broke designing this game, just as they released it. so who ever owns the rights to it now took the game tried to re-make it better, but obviously unsucessful, as you guys have said. i havent yet played it but i take your word for it. i wouldnt spend $100 on it, especially when i get bored after a while with nfsu1+2.

actually having been sick for 8 days this kept me entertained... i think its once u get past the first half an hour and start building up some relatively sweet rides... ive got about 20 now... skylines... chevys... GTOs... racing for pinks and stuff... i like it better than Underground 2 which had no damage and other less realistic things.

still wouldnt pay for it.

I played it at EB, such a shit game. No wonder they went broke with the first time they tried making it, such a dissapointment, another NFSUG copy, not like that game is great as it is. Not worth buying if you ask me, handling is not realistic either. (they state it on the commersial!)

• 2 weeks later...

possibly the worst car game ive ever played compared to Juiced is RPM tuning... DONT EVEN HIRE IT!

what a shit game in every aspect... 2/10 the 2 being for effort

is there any need for a car game other than gt4?

yes... u cant damage any of the cars in GT4... u cant rice up any cars in GT4 and u cant race for money or slips in GT4... i dont think... actually i havent tried lol