SAU Community

What the heck is this creakin sound???

Im really curious to know what the noise is comming from the area around my front strut its kinda like a creaking noise ...

only when the car is cold in the mornings then once it warms up it disapears !!!!

beats the hell outa me what do you guys think it could be???

:confused:

I think it has something to do with the colder weather ?

The shocks/bushes are cold and thus making creaking noises ?

Perhaps im wrong ?

Yep mine too, only started the past few freezing days. Steerings gone a little bit heavier too, or maybe just my imagination...

Had a slight creak in mine when I took off from stop. Apart from replacing a CV in the front (which I don't think was the cause), the guys tightened up all of my suspension and cross members - creaking noise is gone. Probably just contraction from the cold allowing a little more give than usual in the suspension.

seems strange but i have the exact same issue..

mornings it creaks but after like a 30 - 40 min drive it stops most of the time.

had the brushes replaced and this stopped it for a small amount of time.

but i think it is the shocks that have worn on mine.

replacing them soon anyways

my car has creaaaaking all over, coz the suspension is rock hard (and the chassis comapred to my old TX3) it feels really stiff, especially around the rear shocks, for me anyway....

i noticed mine doing it the other night too. Over speed humps it must have somthing to do with the cold weather coz heaps of us have noticed it in the last few days. Weird!

my car squeaks when you change direction mainly... i.e. when you pop her in reverse it makes a little creaking noise and then back to forward gears. my suspension guru in canberra is part genius, and he reckons its just the bushes/mounts doing their thing and theres nothing to worry about.

and on that note, my bilstein/eibach suspension is slowly shaking my car to pieces. my boot rattles horribly (not stereo induced) and half my interior squeaks, rattles and carries on.

not looking forward to the day i actually pull it all to bits and fix it...

d