SAU Community

THE (ONLY) DECA results/photos/experiences/reviews/recollections/brags thread

funkymonkey

That's what you get when you're run by a drunk el presidente!

But more importantly, where are the photos and video!

:werd:

LOL...i have time penalties next to my number and i didnt hit a cone all day, but i dont care...i just want audio of of me "gating it" :chairshot

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

82 seconds....i've been robbed!!!!! no way i got that time. I have a feeling it was Joel, who went bush on his last run....:(

Whats it matter, perhaps a few errrors were made, completely understandable, i think everyone that was there knows who was doing the business, and those that were trying to emulate their favourite sprintcar driver:)

It was so crazy, thanks to all SAU comittees and Rexie's officials for spending time and put together a rock n' roll event.

I don't care if i come last or not but if anyone has footage of my car on their cam and don't mind make me a copy would be greatly appriciate, i'll pay or swap blanks ...ect

Love watching Mr Brisby rippin' it.

lol reeks of scandal... love it!

The car behind me looked a bit dirty to have the time he had :confused: :innocent:

Dave and Marky: Speed and accuracy are for showoffs like Snowy :)

Your 'form over function' approach was certainly enjoyable to watch - and the super taxi was GREAT FUN to throw around!  

Thanks again Dave, and thanks to ah... your tyre supplier! :)

Yes the top players were great to see, but the day was made so much more enjoyable by the likes of you guys - and of course Pete's KnightRider reverse-turns - hamming it up and having fun. That's what it's all about :(

LOL! Well your comedic talent wasn't upto scratch so I figured maybe your driving might be a little better! Plus I just wanted an excuse to get back out on the skidpan ;)

Tyre supplier? I'm not quite sure what you are talking about :innocent:

Perhaps i should have read the Supp Regs a little closer...i thought there was a prize for "Car most likely to blow up" , i would have been in there with a chance along with Shiv, the wonderful sound of ignition cuts at +8,000rpm:)

muhaha yeh i'd have to agree - try closer to 9000rpm!

I'm happy that the car showed that its been modded sensibly and because of that can take a thrashing - still i'll take it easy on RWD mode on the skid pan next time :(

Interloper - thanks mate. I had a good time just having a chat with ya waiting for the next round of the 'khana.

Funky - yeh u're right dude, the semi comp rubber didn't help (that and the fact its the first time i've ever really driven it hard since i've only had it about 4months since it landed)

The people doing the timing were being "un-helpfull" as far as putting times down next to the right numbers (taking into account some numbers were missing due to withdrawals)

for which events???? (hopefully none of those i was timing!!!!) lol

Very pretty sunrise - Xtrail temp said it was 0 outside.

01.jpg

Lining up to watch the Bayside experts show us how its done.

02.jpg

This helps you get a true apreciation for just how big the skidpan is.

03.jpg

The day is finished... time to prepare for the REAL fun.

04.jpg

Purty cars in the Mallee sunset.

05.jpg

James: Do we have any beer?

Jarrod: Do WE have any beer!?!

Homer: Do I know what retorical means?

06.jpg

Everyone look at the taxi driver...

07.jpg

Waitress: Who's Al?

James & Snowy: He's the guy in the hat!

Hilarity ensues

08.jpg

Big hats. Big glasses.

09.jpg

The staff moved breakable things away from this man.

Usual stuff - plates, glasses... the cash register...

10.jpg

All the colours of the margarita rainbow

11.jpg

Teh Xtrail can NEVAR loose!

12.jpg

They're not dents... more like aerodynamic modifications

13.jpg

For some - it most certainly was.

14.jpg

Pool shark - Wang style!

PS: She missed :)

15.jpg

No comment

16.jpg

At this stage of the game, Blaise was thinking having Troy between his legs was the worst thing that could happen. Little did he know a shopping trolley lurked just around the corner...

17.jpg

Underage Country Girls: Come to our party!

James: No. Your house is ugly. It looks like a castle... but stupid

18.jpg

Kinder Surprise. Ages 3-29.

19.jpg

Scott: There are footprints on your roof

James: Why am I wearing a towel?

20.jpg

Myth: Pouring hot water on dents pops them out...

21.jpg

Myth: BUSTED. This shit aint working!

22.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• The existing factory sub feed should already have a sum of L+R and a low pass filter, so it probably isn't necessary to take another L and R feed from the HU.  If it didn't have a factory sub output, then that would be the best option though. Does your new amp not have speaker level inputs?  that would eliminate the need for the speaker - line level converter completely.  
    • The query here, is how do you arrange all of your spares and other random items? And then, what do you do, if you think you're hitting that point where you won't need them any more?   So, but of background; I've had lots of different cars, and tinkered with lots of cars over the last 18 odd years. In addition, I have a habit of ending up with things, I'll now never need again. For example, for the R33, I've got a side mount intercooler, and a GTR front mount cooler, as well as random items like aftermarket cam gears, starter motors, power steering pumps, and even things as random as the really small fuse box, that sits right beside the battery.  So firstly, I've got a lot of stuff right there, that I'll never need again, as I'm not playing street/stock cars. So, I probably need to clear some items out, and at the same time, I hate Facebook Market place and dealing with people. So other than throwing this stuff out, how do you guys deal with it? Do you have a similar stash of parts hidden away taking up space?   So then the next part is, I have lots of stuff like aluminium pipe to make inlets from, lots and lots of electrical stuff too for making custom wiring looms, and so many random things. How do you guys organise all of your stuff? I've moved a lot, and lots of my stuff was just in random cardboard and plastic boxes, that were starting to fall apart! Lots of it was stacked on shelves in said boxes, and I've just gotten new shelving, and I'm re arranging the garage to fit some new (to me) large tools in. That means I'm presently opening boxes, being ruthless and ditching the trash (I think about 30 cables that would suit a TV/Desktop PC went in the bin alone!). However, now I've got parts laying in the middle of the garage floor while I work out how to store them on shelves. The shelves are all high, so if I lay all the parts out nicely on shelving, I lose heaps of space. But if I shove them all back in boxes, I'm back to square one!   So what mysterious and creative storage solutions have you come up with? That is other than making the garage bigger, and buying more shelving, and pushing this problem back another 5 to 10 years...   Oh, and lots of things I have, are for projects I want to do one day, or am slowly doing too... The 80HDs can make life hard sometimes... So more storage space probably isn't the best idea...   Let's add another random question too, how much space is being taken up in your workshop/garage from parts you bought years ago, and still haven't fitted? Example, I have a brand new Safari Snorkel for the LandCruiser, and a box of RedArc gauges.    Since November of 2016...  
    • So I've been working on the car a fair bit, doing a lot of little things. Preparing some projects for this winter, as I'm taking 13 weeks off very soon for parental leave. Have my second kid on the way and he's due any week now. I'll need something to do while he's sleeping. I also usually take the car off the road in about a month and a half, until sometime around the end of March.  Still making slight adjustments to my tune, as the cold weather settles in. I've also had to start dropping boost and tire pressure as the weather gets cooler. It's getting very swirly at highway speeds. I drop to 20psi at 20C and 18psi spring pressure at 10C IAT's. I'm currently on 255 Falcon RT660's, but may look into running 275's next summer. They will fit, but barely. Might have to raise the rear a tad.  I'll start redoing my exhaust Monday, as I have the week off. I currently have an oval center muffler and cannon rear muffler. I've been told more then once from people behind me that my rear bumper is going to catch on fire one day. Seems I blow 5-10 second flames after doing a pull. No clue if that's the WMI, as I've never been able to do that before with other cars. I wanted to angle my tip down a tad so flames are pointed down and away from bumper. I also wanted to take the opportunity to reconfigure my exhaust line. I'm going to move my oval muffler to the rear with a pie cut angled tip and put in a new smaller round muffler in the center. I've rocked cannon mufflers on this car for the last few years and want to transition back the oval muffler look. I've also been looking for a stainless project to try out the new solar flux I bought. I'll post pictures on Monday, should be able to wrap that up in a day.  I'm also picking up another rear subframe this week. I wanted a second so that I could modify one with a gk tech anti squat reduction kit during the winter, and still be able to keep the car a roller so I can back it out of the garage if needed. I will also be caging it this winter. More on that later. Lastly, Speedtek still hasn't given me diddly squat. Every week for the last 4 weeks, they have been saying next week. They told me Friday to expect a shipping label that day to ship my two bad sets of ring and pinions back and nothing. There's definitely been more contact since I started destroying their company any chance I get on Facebook, but it's still just words without action.   
    • Have you done a pressure test on your intake/piping? Cleaned your IACV and Cold start valve?
    • Bit of a dump of ones I saw on my trip. I also have a heap from daikoko but that’s technically not  on the street