SAU Community

changed the gearbox and dif oil with motul in my r32 gts4

wow what can i say it has made a great big difference. The gears shift smoothly and the diff is running quiet?

motul oil gets a thumbs up from me

if anyone needs advice for changing oil post here or pm

Hey

I am goign to be changing my gear and diff oil pretty soon, there are so many people with different opinions, I want a good quality oil for both my box and diff though not being a rediculous price.

Whats recommended for a LSD Pro mechanical diff? and whats the pricing for the oils you have chosen? and any pricing on the different brands?

• 3 weeks later...

I will be changing the oil today in my transmission.

but I will go by the gear shifter,

I guess I'll need to put 4 liters right?

BTW: Motul Gear 300 75W90 I'll tell you all how it went ;)

I'll try to take a few snap shots if I can manage.

Deftinatly go in with the gear shifter, so easy ;) Make sure you have some circlip pliers (the inner diameter squeeze-together type) cause youll need them.

Last time I changed my box oil I used Castrol VMX80 with a tube of that Nulon additive that is supposed to work wonders. I made the mistake of putting in the Nulon first before the oil. Its the consistency of hemmaroid cream and I think its all sitting stuck to the botom and sides of the casing and not getting mixed in with the oil itself. Anyways despite all the hype my box still feels crap-tastic ;)