SAU Community

so i started my car after about 2 and a half weeks

doxximus

just been too busy to drive it really, the raider has always just been ready and willing to drive out straight away.

so i ask this, what is the longest you have left your car, not started, in your driveway or garage?

this doesnt include having work done at a workshop. this is genuine neglect :P

2 mounths, my farther was surposed to start it but never did, once i got home went straight to the car and nothing did not even turn over, so i thought, charge the battery and it will be all good, so after 6hr waiting watching old tv shows on fox tell i went and tryed but nothing,

so in the end i had to get a new battery was not happy. $160 later (at least it was a upgrade)

mine had a month at the container company in the UK while they stuffed about looking for paperwork that didnt exist and then 6 weeks on the boat here.

Have friends with concours cars in the UK who regularly go 4-6 months in hibernation. They are better prepared for it, some even with special cocoons.

my car sat over in japan for about 4 months .. I assume just sitting there in some storage yard somewhere.

got her in the driveway, turned the key and started.. that was nice :P even got original japanese fuel with my import.. now that was cool :(

I left my car in the carport for 10 days when i was in queensland and it rewarded me by not starting when i got back. Damn alarm had flattened the battery in that short a time.

I left my car in the carport for 10 days when i was in queensland and it rewarded me by not starting when i got back. Damn alarm had flattened the battery in that short a time.

thats exactly what happened to me when i went on holidays! :)

thats exactly what happened to me when i went on holidays! :)

Most alarms will kill the battery in about 1-1.5 weeks if you dont start the car.

Happened to me also when i went to QLD for 6 months and gfriend was meant to start the car every week but her dog kept setting the alarm off and killed the battery

Mine hasnt been started in over a month due to loss of licence.

Went to start it up the other day but the battery is dead due to alarm i suppose, so ill just leave it till the 19th sept when i get the licence back.