SAU Community

2WD Switch in R32

hey, i have recently bought an r32 gts4, and have read on the internet that by taking out the fuse under the dash it will be in 2WD. But the problem is that when i do take out the fuse, my ABS light on the dash comes on. I have tested it and my ABS is disabled when the light is on. Is there a way i can wire a switch for the 2WD whilst also having ABS.

Oh and yea, i've already done a search

Thanx in advance :)

well....thats just teh ABS fuse....there are 3 fuses in the fuse box under the bonnet that need to come out to make it RWD. Ask gtrken, he took them out of mine when I got it dynoed

What Beer Baron said is correct. But the problem with running a switch to the fuse in the engine bay is that you have to turn the car on and off to swap between 4WD and RWD.

Running a switch to the fuse under the dash solves that problem, but you also disable the ABS. Most people don't care as they only go to RWD for burnouts etc and don't need ABS.

• 3 years later...

sorry to reopen a old thread but thought it would be better then making a new topic

but i have a 33 gts4 and want to make it rwd for the drags so i can launch it quick and not worry about braking anything. is it just a 4wd fuse in the engine bay i take out ?

For all R32's with ATTESSA (GTR and GTS4) there is one fuse you pull out and it locks it in RWD. There are no mechanical issues with this.

R33's and R34's (GTR and GTS4) the front drive shaft has to be removed

There is always a preload on the transfer case in a 33 or 34, just removing power or hydraulics isn't enough to back it off and you'll kill the plates. It also means that the attessa is quicker to respond in a 33 or 34 compared to a 32.