SAU Community

defected and speeding fine... great steps towards having a great day!!!

thirtythree-II

Mine is the stock turbo.

I simply drive lightly for the last minute or so before I reach my destination.

Even then a little squirt here and there under street driving conditions hardly heats the turbo and oil up enough to warrant having the car idle for 1min or so.

BUT what I don't do is burn up the driveway and instantly kill the motor, I let it idle while I remove my seat belt. Pretty much for a few seconds, this gives the turbo time to spool down.

If a turbo timer was essential for turbo life Nissan would have incorporated it in as a factory item.

If you were to use the car for track work and or live in the hills and are very heavy on the foot right up until your driveway I would leave the car running for a minute or so.

Simply to let the oil cool down a little so it doesn't coke in the oil lines.

So its not essential for a turbo timer. In a way its like women and and all these face wash marketing crap that gets thrown at them :P

• No drivers and side window tint
  • Bov, bleed valve, afm changes, ecu changes, intake pipe mods that affect the bov piping are all emission no no's.
  • You are allowed FMIC's providing it doesn't modify anything to do with the bov and its associated pipe work, you must also not cut any bodywork for the piping route.
  • Pods are legal, some inspectors don't like the oiled types and insist they are placed in a box.
  • Ensure every single bush is in good nick and has no free play, give it to a suspension place and get them to give it a good inspection.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the % for a legal window tint.... mines 35%

i was told that it doesnt matter what tint u have on the rear and quarters but if your driver and passenger are tinted at all you would more than likely have to remove them. This was during a dicussion i had with a regular window tinter i go to.

I find that hard to believe as factory cars come out with tint on all windows except the front window... as most cars have it..,.

Are you talking factory glass tint or tint that is fitted aftermarket and bundled with the car after purchase.

My oldies have bought a few new cars recently, New Nissan Patrol 3.0TDI, then sold a year later and bout a v8 Landcruiser.

They requested window tinting, the Nissan didn't have the front windows tinted where as Toyota had no issues tinting the front windows.

I can't remember the % tint allowed on the front windows but I do remember what it looked like, I honestly couldn't tell there was tint. :P

Last night I was pulled over for speeding and was busted with a turbo timer.... instant defect! yay!

The cop forget to issue me with a speeding fine... does that mean I'm clear in regards to that?

He didnt forget the defect notice though.... im due at regency in 4 weeks....

I spoke to one of the standards personnel and theytold me having a bleed valve is also illegal.... but my strut brace and k&n pod filter and fine.

Can i simply rip the bleed valve and turbo timer off for inspection and all will be good or do I have to have a presofessional perform these tasks, including ripping all the wiring related to the turbo timer and have the car tuned at stock boost?

COPS ARE FRIGGIN DICHEADS they want to defect you for having a decent car But they let all these smoke machines drive around. I had a cop harrass me at the bay and tried to defect me for a factory BOV yep you read right a FACTORY BOV! THE WANKER said its not adr compliant and im gonna isue you with a defect. I said if you can find the bov go ahead and defect me BUT you better get it right coz my lawyer will love this harrassment, the knob couldn't even find it, and he let me go.

You would not be the first person to be defected for the factory BOV.

Right or wrong, a defect does not need to be something they KNOW does not comply, only something they SUSPECT does not comply.

The onus is unfortunately on drivers in SA to prove something DOES comply, rather than the police to prove it does not.

I can't remember the % tint allowed on the front windows but I do remember what it looked like, I honestly couldn't tell there was tint. :rofl:

front window tinting is not allowed period. no if, buts. But ppl get them tinted anyways, its only the minority ie imports, that worry bout being pulled over for it.

I happened to see the same cop at the same spot when i got defected.... pulled over and pleaded to him to allow me to have the cop shop to pass a farken turbo timer removed from my r33.... 'the law states, blah, blah, blah......' 'GET FARKED 'youll pass regency easy, blah, blah, blah.....' bull shit!!!

2 hours later i get pulled over to check that i have the papers to drive my defected car.... i love cops

i actually believe that they do indeed check ur plates on their computer before they pull you over. Cant be a co-incidence that it happened twice in one night.

Down south they definitely do. I had a little incident with a couple of police cars once, since that day up until I moved out of the area I was always pulled over just for a chat and to see what I was up too. lol

Often by different police so it wasn't a get to know the car thing.

I was always pulled over just for a chat and to see what I was up too.

they pullled you over for a chat? let me guess, bout how nice they think your car looks. They should be protecting people not chatting up guys unless it was a chick cop of corse, thats totally different. :rofl:

This was back when I was 16-18 roughly.

I had a little old TE Cortina 4.1ltr 4speed that was lowered and loud with a nice holley and cam. :rofl:

So I was a bit of a hoon, some of the stupid stuff I used to do I wouldn't even dream of doing now. Its amazing how you take risks when you are young.

One time on xmas i was pulled over for hooning around a corner, cop said.. "What are you late for a tom cruise lamb roast"

It only makes sense if you were around when they had that tv advert on tv.

so i replied.. no... A the sphincter of the universe. He didn't find it funny. :rofl:

I was tempted to say a pork.. lol