SAU Community

defected and speeding fine... great steps towards having a great day!!!

thirtythree-II

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually believe that they do indeed check ur plates on their computer before they pull you over. Cant be a co-incidence that it happened twice in one night.

Youre absolutely right they do check ur number plates, if you've been defected they will pull you over even after you have had the defect cleared. MY advice to you after you have the defect cleared either get a peronalized number plate or sell your car. sorry for the harsh reality.

If a turbo timer was essential for turbo life Nissan would have incorporated it in as a factory item.

They dont include the turbo timer because its against the ADRs. Turbo Timers are only allowed on vehicles with a GCM of greater than 4.5 tonne.

There's no comparison between a car and a truck.

A truck is constantly up its turbo, simply turning off the motor WILL coke the oil lines. In a car that most of the time isn't boosting hard, its not an issue.

No doubt if there was a reliability issue in passenger vehicles the ADR's would have it incorporated.

The tt's fitted to the trucks also have to meet ADR's.

So really.. Its not just a turbo timer, its a turbo timer designed to meet ADR's. :P

The intended use of cars doesn't warrant a turbo timer.

I got defected yesterday in my R32, driving along doing NOTHING, bike cop pulled me over and defected me for too loud, and too low. The cop was nothing but an arogant w*nker on a power trip......

I dont see why they should defect a car when it is driving normally, fair enough id expect a defect if i was doing something stupid, but this is just bull s**t.!

Thirtythree-II,

I got pulled over several years ago after just leaving my wifes work place and got checked for excessive noise running the same system as you except i had a dump pipe and race cat,and my reading came in 3db under what the sgt had on his form that was supposed to be the spec's for a ser II.( I might add that a stationary test like i had to perform doesnt comply with the adr's that stipulate that the vehicle must drive past a test device at a steady 60km's per hr in 4th gear and the the test device must be placed at 45 degrees to the path of the vehicle and be 'x' no of meters away from it!

Regards,

SKYLINE (Kym)...

Thirtythree,

I dont think it will make much difference to the over all volume of sound, however probably will give a deeper throaty growl on full song!

Regards,

SKYLINE (Kym)...