SAU Community

Where to highflow in Perth...

boostED82

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but;

Anyone know of a reputable place where I can get my standard R33 turbo high-flowed in Perth? I'm sure someone has done this or know's of someone who has, so a name and general price would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

-Ed-

I like ITS turbs, based on what Ive seen :) (Per4manz is Australia Distibutor)

I get my Hi-Flows done by Grant @ Per4manz & he always looks after me. (Getting GTiR comp wheels put in my GTR/SR20 turbs right now in fact!..... that should be interesting)

About high flows, I was looking into getting one myself, A well known company here in Melb called Roto-master - is a turbocharger shop and are garrett distrubuters, they do all the turbos for the big performance shops ie. Rajab,bresciani, Promaz,etc. The guy I spoke to, Michael, Told me a R33 turbo wud cost about 1300 to hiflow, but he showed me a example of how small the exhaust housings are, and that it isnt a worthwile upgrade because the turbos are not that strong. He said however If I insisted, putting a VG30 exhaust housing on it wud be considerably better, but still money wise it wasnt the best.

He showed me a setup that he regularly makes for customers, its based on a Garrett GT30 ballbearing but with his own internals and some aftermarket Rear housing, but It is Internal wastegated and comfortably flows 450 hp. Bolt on turbo. He said hes done a couple of R33 that are pushing 270 rwkw + with these.

I was interested in it because its a low mount turbocharger which is perfect for hiding it from the police, yet it can produce bigger power than the common 2530/2540 uprgade.

Cost was somethin like $2200 with oil/water adaptors.

Some SAU members have ITS bolton Turbos making upto 400rwhp on stock manifolds with a safer 300rwhp being had at very low boost and i think the turbo is only slightly more than a hiflo.Ive used the GT30 with internal gate with good results also.