SAU Community

Demerit points

Marsss

why the f@ck will u get fined if ur car is unlocked?

doesnt matter whether ur driving or parked....thats totally BS!

No, its only when you leave the car unattended (and I'm assuming you won't be driving in that instance).

Its to stop people from leaving their cars unsecured and walking off, and then having a cry when someone opens the door and steals shit from it. In the past you could make an insurance claim on it (since its theft), but now since you've broken the law they don't have to pay out.

Which is fair enough. Why should insurance companies pay out for your stupidity? If your car was locked and someone broke in, fair enough. But if you're too much of a **** to even lock your own pride and joy when you wander off to pay for petrol or whatever, you deserve what you get.

I could have sworn this law was enacted a couple of years ago. I must have remembered wrong, but in that case they introduced a law a while ago making it illegal to leave your keys in the ignition (car running or not) while unattended. Same reason - people would walk off, and someone else would just hop in to the car and drive it off. Technically its theft so its insurance claimable (and it was costing them quite a bit), but not when you did something illegal to enable it to happen.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok

Rule 78 (2) Not move out of path of police/emergancy vehicle : Fine level 6 $300 and 3 points!

Rule 66 (4) Proceed after stopping at twin red lights Fine level 6 $300 and 3 points.

What the hell do you do when there's sirens blazing behind you and your the first car at a red light?!?!?!

I heard stories of someone getting fined for proceeding cause you don't have the authority to proceed even if the cops/fire/ambos are behind you honking their horn at you.

Rule 265 (1)&(3) Passenger 16 years or older not wearing seatbelt. Fine level 5 $225 points 0

Rule 265 (1)&(4) Passenger 16 years or older in front seat when not permitted. Fine level 5 $225 points 0

Umm... thought this was 3 points?!?!?!

I think this will speed up going to work from the North... about 1/3 of the drivers in the Transit Lane (3 person minimum) don't belong there. And likewise, heaps of people get busted every morning.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations...its_general.pdf

page 5 line 4

No points for transit lanes.

Which is nice since I have drive in one every day for 5+ years now. Which for a $175 fine would make it 13c per day if I get caught one day ;) If there were points i probably would not use it.

Ok someone want to explain the diff between a T way, transit lane and a bus lane (3 points for a bus lane)

Isn't it nice that if you right off another veichale cause of neg driving you get the same level of offence than driving in a bus lane... mmm makes total sence to me (not)

T-Way usually have signs stating T-Way. its the Bus Only Lanes.

and Transit lanes I think are just the T2 or T3.

T2 = two passangers in the car

T3 - Three Passanagers in the car.

kinda makes it worthwhile car pooling.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations...its_general.pdf

page 5 line 4

No points for transit lanes.

Which is nice since I have drive in one every day for 5+ years now. Which for a $175 fine would make it 13c per day if I get caught one day :rofl: If there were points i probably would not use it.

Don't try to justify your crime....you......you....criminal!!!!

lay off dundan. he needs all the help he can get to be at work on time. I see Kel and duncan like to stroll into work at about 10am by my calculations. go that transit lane son!!

• 2 months later...

I seriously don't understnad this shit about T2 T3 in Australia, Im from NZ and we don't have that there at all which makes it a lot less confusing, so the majority of time I just ignore it. Now, what is the point to all of lane thing, is it a safety thing or something?

I think I've missed the point with Rule 151(4): Ride motorcycle more than 1.5m from another. I guess than means I can't leave the house unless I have a riding buddy...

Bring on more fines for not keeping left.

Bring on more fines for rear fog lights and highbeaming.

Bring on more fines for hand-held mobiles.

And the best one, Rule CI96A(2), $50 for "Riding bicycle furiously!" Nice.

Guys what's the difference between a burnout and an aggravated burnout?

why the f@ck will u get fined if ur car is unlocked?

doesnt matter whether ur driving or parked....thats totally BS!

No, its only when you leave the car unattended (and I'm assuming you won't be driving in that instance).

Its to stop people from leaving their cars unsecured and walking off, and then having a cry when someone opens the door and steals shit from it. In the past you could make an insurance claim on it (since its theft), but now since you've broken the law they don't have to pay out.

Which is fair enough. Why should insurance companies pay out for your stupidity? If your car was locked and someone broke in, fair enough. But if you're too much of a **** to even lock your own pride and joy when you wander off to pay for petrol or whatever, you deserve what you get.

I could have sworn this law was enacted a couple of years ago. I must have remembered wrong, but in that case they introduced a law a while ago making it illegal to leave your keys in the ignition (car running or not) while unattended. Same reason - people would walk off, and someone else would just hop in to the car and drive it off. Technically its theft so its insurance claimable (and it was costing them quite a bit), but not when you did something illegal to enable it to happen.

AMEN TO YOU BROTHER. im sure it is only if the car is running unattened ie fueling up; turbo timer must be shut off b4 fueling up.

this also means turbo timer must be off even if you want to hang a shit. how ever my freinds ive argued the point when there was a passenger with me that it was not unattended and got off !!!!but i think it was pot luck.