SAU Community

To chirp or not to chirp?

wishaw

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the way to go is an alarm that you can disable the chirp. say by pressing button 2 the button 1. That way you can have the best of both worlds.

YEP thats the way i have mine set up. Best of both worlds so if your in the ghetto (jk) then u can warn everyone to back the f*#k away from your ride.

Get home at 4am and you dont want to "ALARM" any of your neighbours then its a slient arm :Pimp2:

the way to go is an alarm that you can disable the chirp. say by pressing button 2 the button 1. That way you can have the best of both worlds.

Yeah thats a good idea, but sometimes the second button doesnt register and it still chirps :mad: I got that on the pathfinder.

mines a total pain in the arse atm... the latex/rubber that the buttons are moulded onto is cracking and has lost it's strength... so chances are every time a bit of pressure (like a tiny bit) is put on the buttons while in your pocket, it arms or disarms. quite annoying when you're getting into the car with keys in hand, and the bloody thing arms

hey guys i got a mongoose alarm, pretty good, it chirps but u can arm it without cjirping by using the second button on the remote. there are two buttons, one for chirping and the other for silent arming!!!! so u get the best of both worlds LOL.

Yeah thats a good idea, but sometimes the second button doesnt register and it still chirps ;) I got that on the pathfinder.

I have the same problem with my cyclops. Though most of the time the second button registeres but the lock/unlock signal doesn't

i like the chirp so that you know the alarm has actually armed itself, handy if your walking away from the car as you press the button.

mine has both normal arm/disarm and silent. crap thing is, if say i unlock the car and dont open the door within 15 seconds, it re-arms with the chirp regardless of how i disarm it. i always forget that it does that!

hey guys i got a mongoose alarm, pretty good, it chirps but u can arm it without cjirping by using the second button on the remote. there are two buttons, one for chirping and the other for silent arming!!!! so u get the best of both worlds LOL.

Mine does exactly that. Love it. Very handy. Only problem. Once the engine is off and the doors/boot are closed, I have about 4-5 seconds to arm it before it chirps 3 times. Annoying when you're trying to sneak home. :chairshot

Took me a while to work this function out, thought I was just going crazy, but when i walk to the car, once I disarm the alarm, if I don't open the door within about 30seconds-1min, it rearms itself. Pain in the arse sometimes, but i guess its in case you knock the disarm button walking away.

hmm :confused: anyone else's do that?

Mine has both modes..... Quiet mode I use it when its night esp at home.

I chip it when i get into the car or out of the car if i park it in the city or places where lots of people are there, so they know it is alarmed.

Chrip it.

Way I see it if people can sleep through a skylines exhaust when you bring it home late at night then they can definantley make it through the alarm noise :)

Also, the chirp noise sounds pimp!

Car alarm and immobiliser chrips each time I press the remote button *DUH*

Don't really mind it except for those times when you need to get in and out of your car and people around you just think you're nuts!

Also another thing is the immobiliser self arming, gets me every time as it takes about 15 secs no matter what you do/don't do. Other than that it's fine.... I'd like an option though~