SAU Community

HELP! R33 GTR Poping awfully weird.. *video*

GTR4ever

hey guys,

for the past 2 days, ive been cleaning some big mess of wires under the carpet and seats of my car.

guess at one point it had some major audio system on it and the owner never botherd to clean up, so i come & try to install a head unit with some rear speakers and i had to deal with a whole shitload of lose/cut wires!:(

i started it finaly after a few cranks "which is odd" but didnt think of it,i take it out and went for dinner, everything is ok as usual.

later on on my way to home, it almost stalled,the car doesnt have the same power at all and its sound changed to poping and metel-like rumbling.. barf!!

parked it home, turned it off and on again, still the same..

i checked the i/c piping,nothing! :confused:

here is a video, sorry its realy bad, but u could still hear it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=247DTZ2A

it is stock by the way only an intake & a cat-back "and been runing rich like a MOFO!!:bonk: "

any ideas?

thanx guys,,

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like one or more of your spark plugs have fouled up. It happens when your car runs rich or you have been idling a long time. Remove all 6 and check which ones are really black, you'll spot it.

Replace those ones and while they are all out make sure the gaps are correct.

Refit the plugs & she show be sorted out.

spark plugs??

but i didnt even put 100 klm on em they r new ngks and gaped to 0.8

btw...

you got the sweetest car!

I HATE YOU!!

Thanks for the complient - I think.... :confused:

Could you of cut some wires that you shouldn't have, maybe a sensor wire, ground wire or something. Must be sure of this.

Usually your sort of problem happens with fouled spark plugs. Couldn't hurt to check cause I dare say one or more are all fouled up.

Thanks for the complient - I think.... :confused:

:uh-huh: :wassup:

Could you of cut some wires that you shouldn't have, maybe a sensor wire, ground wire or something. Must be sure of this.

Usually your sort of problem happens with fouled spark plugs. Couldn't hurt to check cause I dare say one or more are all fouled up.

will do! :(

now that i think about it, am almost sure it has to do with the wires, coz it was runing flawlessly b4 "except for the runing rich part!"

the thing is.. i wouldnt know where or what to look for!!! coz i had all boot lining,half of the dash, front & back seats out, and the carpet on both sides!!

So you just changed the spark plugs? maybe you stuffed something up with them? Check them anyway. Or could be something you did when cleaning up wires. Good Luck :(

Start at 1 point and slowly go through any wire you could of touched. Any cut off wires, make sure you know what it is for. You must be patient. It's going to take a while especially when your surpect of some wire and have to find out what it is.

But think of it this way, if you get someone else to do it, imagine the bill......#$#$.

There is an all workshop manual that can help you out for things like this.

Eventually you will find it and all will be good.

Good Luck

P.S. Still check the plugs though, before anything, easier to start there, then going through all your wires.

also check all of your coils... I'm not sure of the set up of yours but some are prone to cracking if you overtighten them... also if you changed them 100k's ago, is there any chance of water ingress etc?

things like this suck, it could be wiring, or it could be coincidence that it just happened after you were playing! good luck with it dude.

I agree with wet, check the easy (simple) things first!

thanx for the input guys..

i 4got to mention that my new rear speakers stoped working , and am sure they were fine some time last night, b4 this shit happend! talk about a coincidence!

am going to check that 1st, even though i dont see any connection!

ok, its 4:19 am over here, and just took my plugs out..

cant tell if they're good or bad for shit! am bad at this..

P1010316.jpg

P1010314.jpg

P1010333.jpg

are these what is causing this problem??

all tips are fine, only some discoloration on # 1 & 4

also, my bro is the one who gaped them, to .7 not .8 like i asked him,

said its not a big difference.

so now am just gna be waiting for help so i coud go back out side.

aint sleepn with my baby all opend up! :gaga:

Hi there,

OK, no.1 looks fouled, I can't see no.6 but no. 4 looks ok.

I see that you got the NGK BCP7E-11. In future get the BKR6E. The 6 means a hotter plug & better burn. These are also the ones I run in my car. The -11 means that at factory they were gaped at 1.1 so even if you got the BCP7E they would of been gaped at .8 & gaping them means a small bend.

If all was good & you have just recently installed these (100km ago) they should have looked exactly like 2,3.

It's up to you what you would like to do, but trying a new set of plugs is a good start & even if it's not that, well you'll have them just in case you foul any plugs (happens to Skyline alot) and they'll be there for your next service anyway.

Now your plugs are out, check all your coils for any cracks, examine closely.

heyyy! THE PIC IN UR SIGH ON THE RIGHT ISNT UP THERE!!

NOT FAIR!

I was in a rush, but your right, bad angles. I thought my pic of signature was in my photo's, I just checked - its there but it bigger

I was in a rush, but your right, bad angles. I thought my pic of signature was in my photo's, I just checked - its there but it bigger

nope! not the one on the right.. cant find it!:confused: