SAU Community

HELP! R33 GTR Poping awfully weird.. *video*

GTR4ever

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the resistor pack for your injectors. Its there to change from high impedence to low impedence. If any wires are shaved, try repairing it. This unit can be removed for repair, but for now lets try fixing the problem you have now.

Check No.1 coil very carfully - something might be there

Photo's are there now.........

nope, totaly fine, almost like new to my amazement!

Good stuff, now you have a choice to make about the plugs, refit or buy a new set. I'd like to help get this sorted out for you.

i already got a new set right here! i just bought some extra ones last time i changed'em,

but they are the same ones ( NGK BCP7E-11 )

also, is it ok if i kept the gap as it is? coz i never gaped one b4, and if i try and end up breaking one am going to be a plug short! hehe!

btw, i couldnt thank you enugh for ur time. uve been a big help

i already got a new set right here! i just bought some extra ones last time i changed'em,

but they are the same ones ( NGK BCP7E-11 )

also, is it ok if i kept the gap as it is? coz i never gaped one b4, and if i try and end up breaking one am going to be a plug short! hehe!

btw, i couldnt thank you enugh for ur time. uve been a big help

No problem, thats one of the reasons why we are all here, share, talk & help.

Your plugs must be gapped down, its not hard it you have a filler guage. I can guide you through it if you like.

been reading a few threads, and i found this one:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ghlight=misfire

almost the exact semptoms. i realy hope its not a gasket

OK, I have read this post. This is true - if your car runs very rich, it will misfire but if you replace the spark plugs - as I have suggested - it will run fine for a while until it misfires again but we at least know where to start looking.

In any problem solving, process of elimination is your friend. We have to check what works to find out what does not.

P.S. Gapping plugs with even a good Mallet, hammer, brick is a health hazard....... only qualified professional machanical engineer technican should use these devices.

1.jpg  

is this what your talking about? coz i found one! loool

Thats the one!!!! Even people like you and me can use this, no qualificians necessary.

1. find 0.6 filler guage.

2. on something soild like a metal bench, tap the spark plug with just enough force to shorten the gap.

3. Contine doing this & check with the filler guage.

4. If you over do it just use the filler guage or something else to very slightly open it up.

5. The filler guage should slide in without moving about or move very slightly.

In your situation because you have 1.1mm gapped plugs, measure from the tip of the spark plugs, they have to be bent a far bit - this is why the BKR6E has a factory setting of 0.8mm gap, better and easier to gap to .6 or .7. Another thing, the 6 is a hotter plug, does not foul as easy as the 7 plug range.

Thats the one!!!! Even people like you and me can use this, no qualificians necessary.

1. find 0.6 filler guage.

2. on something soild like a metal bench, tap the spark plug with just enough force to shorten the gap.

3. Contine doing this & check with the filler guage.

4. If you over do it just use the filler guage or something else to very slightly open it up.

5. The filler guage should slide in without moving about or move very slightly.

In your situation because you have 1.1mm gapped plugs, measure from the tip of the spark plugs, they have to be bent a far bit - this is why the BKR6E has a factory setting of 0.8mm gap, better and easier to gap to .6 or .7. Another thing, the 6 is a hotter plug, does not foul as easy as the 7 plug range.

0.6 is probably a touch to small, the gaps on modded GTR's i've heard used are usually 0.65mm-0.8mm... Not sure about 0.6mm but can't imagine it making a huge difference either way - why not aim for the middle of that - say 0.7mm?

oops sorry, I meant 0.7 as your other spark plugs were gaped at these & 0.7 is a good gap to keep. Mine are at 0.6 but I have alot more boost & fuel to iginite.

Sorry about the confusion

yeah, got these ones for 1 $ :)

And you were worried about the price ferni........$1.00, is that AU$1.00 or $1.00 in Dubai currency.......now I'm worried :chairshot