SAU Community

rb25 conversion

• 3 months later...

Bro i'm trying to find dis out.... can u please tell me wat u found out???

i'm going through all the threads and can't seem to find anything.... please tell me whether the rb25 fit's into the rb20 set up and how much work it take??? also wat kind of driveline problems did you have???

Without the turbo model you miss out on bigger brakes, 4 stud wheels? , LSD i think and all the other great options only found in these models. Buy a GTS-T and then transplant a RB25 in.

i have a rb25det sII in my r32 gts. Yes it fits and yes the gearbox does fit but tailshaft will need to customised as will crossmember. No real issues that cant be overcome. Speedo cable needs to be modified or your speedo will be out.I'm also running the series 1 computer as according to my mech they allow for more tuning then the series 2. As for price, how can one answer that??? However much you can pickup all the parts for (for me, the engine + box was 3grand, engine at 45,000 clicks) plus however much someone is going to charge you for labor. I paid $600. Plus, then, depending on what state you are in you will need mod plates which if your in qld means bigger brakes which will cost you again. over all with brakes on mod plates it cost me roughly $4200 but i got engine and labor quite cheap through mates.

also, you dont neccessarily miss out on LSD. I'm not sure if its aftermarket or what but my car when imported came with LSD plus sun roof e.t.c that CAN possibly be upgraded on the gts. I think its a big myth that most options only come on gts-t. My gts came with upgraded seats, sunroof, blue dials, upgraded front bar, and nismo rims. These were all from factory.