SAU Community

Having problems taking off front door.

runn3r

I need some help here, im actually a person with no knowledge on how to fix cars but do you have any DIY that can help me how to take off the car door so that i can install new speakers to my R33 GTSt?

What i did was i unscrewed the 2 screws at the bottom of the door and 1 screw from the middle door.

I losen the both sides and bottom but having a hard time trying to pull off the door which is the top part of it. Tried to pull it but heard some cracking sound.

I stop altogether worried i might break anything and thought i would be better off seeking help here first

Would be really great i can do it myself rather than getting people to instal them and i have to pay.

Thanks in adv.

drivers door: should be 3 screws at the bottom, and one in the bottom of the cupped handle piece.. remove those, and then remove the plastic backing to the opening handle (just pulls up and out on the rearmost side, and then pull the pull up the plastic piece that has the window controls/etc. unplug the well.. plug and then gently pull the door off, starting at the bottom, and the top will be hooked over the frame ov the door (its all little plastic push tabs, should come off with a little bit of force).

passenger door: essentially the same, except there is another screw under the grab handle, under a little tab... and you need to remove the window control for this side aswell.. the rest should be the same as above.

im not 100% sure i got every step there, may be one screw or osmething i missed, so just have a look, and if it wont come off when you pull, feel where the restriction is and check for screws there. if you still fail gimme a yell again and ill go check on my car, coz ive got both the skins off at the moment :P

I've unscrew the 2 screws at the bottom and a screw that is just below the handle, but still having hard time trying to pull out the part where i circled. Its gives a creeking sound when i try force it out. Is it normal or there a technique to pull it out?

Ahh!! I found the screw right behind the power window, ive already unscrew them and the top part did came out pretty easy.

Only problem now was the handle(to open the door together with the lock button) seems to be sticking the door with the skin.

Any ideas how to get them out?