Cosmetic Surgery Complete

Al

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Al, cant wait to see this thing in the flesh!!

I asked for the rims, as im thinking of buying a set of them bu i thought my rears had to be 8.5 as the set im buying are from an S15

Would prefer not to mention price publically, as i was looked after (mate's friend) and still under quoted, as it must of been their first R33 they painted :P.

If anyone is interested in a quote just call Marcus on 0421169969.

• 6 months later...

:O

Didn't realize that the thread had been re-opened, as i didn't get my usual e-mail notifications.

Well thanks for all the +ve feedback, it is really appreciated. All up, i am extremely happy with the cosmetic results and also my mechanical upgrades too :D.

I fully understand and appreciate that we all have different tastes. What looks awesome to me may not suit someone else and vis-versa, but at the end of the day only the owner needs to be satisfied with his/her work ;) .

I have decided to continue work on my "SKYLINE" backlight project. Should be ready and installed by this weekend.

Here are a few progress pics, with a progress report :).

After the spare "SKYLINE" facia was colour matched, i first used my Dremal tool to cut out the rear of the facia. In hin-sight it may have been better to complete the unit first, before painting, but time was an issue.

post-1811-1139399393.jpg

Then i used a sharp blade, off a Stanly knife, to gently cut off the paint from each letter. (Not as hard/long as i thought it would be :)).

post-1811-1139399447.jpg

Using a Jaycar "bread board" and my electronic experience, i positioned two hi-intensity LEDs in between each letter. This was done to try and minimize the focus of the LEDs. YES, it is damn bright :D; i may disconnect one wire and only use one LED between each letter.

post-1811-1139399493.jpg

It is now ready to be secured into position, then i will coat it with sicaflex to ensure it is as water resistant as the original.

post-1811-1139399537.jpg

Only one question left...

Do i hook it up to my parkers, so when i turn the h/lights on it will remain on, or do i hook it to my brake lights, so it turns off and on with my brake? :D:P

Where is a good place to look for colours and codes?

I used various paint sample books, Troy (ylwgtr2) was a GREAT help. Also kept a look out, on the road, at all red/burgundy cars that i passed. And asked friends for advise, thanks Pete :P.