SAU Community

Max power with Stock RB26DET?

Hey,

Building a GT-R for a mate, he has a huge turbo for it .... We are planning to leave it stock with water to aid, and some HKS Twin power CDI ;)

What will be our limits...

Sydneykid - can CDI be hooked up to the D-Jetro ?

Let's just say T88-33D with everything else to match, but standard engine.

Sydneykid might know, we are aiming for 400kw standard engine, 1.5bar boost.

I am pretty sure it will hold strong for quarter mile run's.. what do you think Sydneykid or Steve on the forums from WA.

Also, will the oil pump flow enough oil for that power level for drag use only.. not constant painfull thrashing.. This will be just for 10 second's and then cooled down and switched off :P

Also, Is it a heat factor that limits the standard engine to 400kw? Ifso, then it shouldnt be a problem with the water injection..

10's should be as easy as i think .... lets just see.

Cheers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

]']i've read up b4 on a magazine

there was a R32 GTR running t78 with 1.3 made 350KWat4 wheels

but the engine lasted 1month..

so i guess it's possible but it wont last long

no, that would of been setup really crap and not how i want it..

looks like you guys dont know what water can really do...

dont matter,but thanks, looks like 350kw is ok.

My god Blitz i didnt realise it was so easy to run a 10 all you need is a big turbo and water and we can all run 10s woohoo(oh yeah and a ceferio_pwa tune as we all tune crap)

:P:rofl:;):rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

note**everything else to match**

im talking engine here! nothing about fuel supply/ecu/tuning/igntion etc.

im talking the how much power is the short block really good for, looks like ill have to wait for the proffesionals to answer :bananaman

from this thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=1374306

Std GTR rods are good at 400- 450kw@wheels and up to 9000rpm.....above that level we usually replace em with something better, but in saying that, we have never broken one either....they are a short, tough little rod....

Hope that helps, although this figure is only regarding rods.

Ok so std rods are good, but the 450rwkws 9,000rpm example is that using std rod bolts and without any sort of stress relieving?

Id say what would kill a std RB26 quickly is the combinaiton of healthy power, your chasing 400rwkws, combined with 1.5bar boost pressure and the fact that the std RB26 will need plenty of revs to get a T88 on song.

So revs, 1.5bar and 400rwkws on a std RB26. LOL RB26s are strong, but around the traps you always seem to hear that when they give up its a bottom end bearing thing, followed by pistons. Its never crank or rods.

Good lucj, just make sure you have the money to fix the thing, if you dont then perhaps spend what money you do have on making the thing live:)

Ok so std rods are good, but the 450rwkws 9,000rpm example is that using std rod bolts and without any sort of stress relieving?

Id say what would kill a std RB26 quickly is the combinaiton of healthy power, your chasing 400rwkws, combined with 1.5bar boost pressure and the fact that the std RB26 will need plenty of revs to get a T88 on song.

So revs, 1.5bar and 400rwkws on a std RB26.  LOL RB26s are strong, but around the traps you always seem to hear that when they give up its a bottom end bearing thing, followed by pistons. Its never crank or rods.

Good lucj, just make sure you have the money to fix the thing, if you dont then perhaps spend what money you do have on making the thing live:)

We might change the pistons, we arn't sure yet.

I doubt we will get to run 1.5bar if we are going to go past 400kw at less boost.

Most likely the rev limiter will be set to ~8500 to help the motor live long.

I want to see how the 33D redline's ( on a dyno ) the rear is pretty small if you see it yourself .....hmmm i think we should leave it at that, enough info is already here.

So revs, 1.5bar and 400rwkws on a std RB26.  LOL RB26s are strong, but around the traps you always seem to hear that when they give up its a bottom end bearing thing, followed by pistons. Its never crank or rods.

Thanks!

Heh, this guy has money alright :Pimp2:

have you concidered it will take more than just a motor to run a 10

ie gearbox (at this level becomes an issue)

you'll need some nice tyres

and a suspension setup to suit

I can only think of one guy that ran a 10 regularly, wreckhead and his making 450awkw and had to run gas to do so ,he also had a customised box and i believe it was a similar turbo setup, but to the best of my knowledge quiet a bit of time went into to this car and money.

ps if this guy has the money why not do it properly the first time

Thanks!

Heh, this guy has money alright  :Pimp2:

if he has such vast reserves of cash then why in gods name is he asking you to build him a GTR? and why is he too cheap to beef up the bottom end. would seem logical to me when you are asking more than double the original power output.

I can't wait for this project either.

if he has such vast reserves of cash then why in gods name is he asking you to build him a GTR? and why is he too cheap to beef up the bottom end. would seem logical to me when you are asking more than double the original power output.

I can't wait for this project either.

He will test the RB26's maximum power output :)!

That is why!

When it gets destroyed (IF IT GETS DESTROYED. I DOUBT IT!) he is rebuilding it.

Why am i doing it ? Because bolt ons are easy,and we have idea's!

I cant wait.

bye!!! :)