SAU Community

Max power with Stock RB26DET?

He will test the RB26's maximum power output :)!

That is why!

When it gets destroyed (IF IT GETS DESTROYED. I DOUBT IT!) he is rebuilding it.

Why am i doing it ? Because bolt ons are easy,and we have idea's!

I cant wait.

bye!!!  :)

yeah you have ideas but no clue :confused:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will test the RB26's maximum power output :)!

That is why!

When it gets destroyed (IF IT GETS DESTROYED. I DOUBT IT!) he is rebuilding it.

Why am i doing it ? Because bolt ons are easy,and we have idea's!

I cant wait.

bye!!!  :)

Fair enough, but you'd have to ask what's the point? and anyway if the whole point of this is to find out whether or not an internally stock RB26 can handle the power then why ask us? just go and do it then tell us how it went... i still don't understand why he needs you.

there will be nothin left to rebuild i belive GTR 700 was makin 400kw with 2835s before the motor let go because of an over rev. i think that was 8700rpm when it let go.

Ok so std rods are good, but the 450rwkws 9,000rpm example is that using std rod bolts and without any sort of stress relieving?

Id say what would kill a std RB26 quickly is the combinaiton of healthy power, your chasing 400rwkws, combined with 1.5bar boost pressure and the fact that the std RB26 will need plenty of revs to get a T88 on song.

So revs, 1.5bar and 400rwkws on a std RB26.  LOL RB26s are strong, but around the traps you always seem to hear that when they give up its a bottom end bearing thing, followed by pistons. Its never crank or rods.

Good lucj, just make sure you have the money to fix the thing, if you dont then perhaps spend what money you do have on making the thing live:)

ive already seen two cranks go already

Seen two cranks fail how?  I hear of plenty of damaged cranks but they are damaged by spinning bottom end bearigns. I havent heard of a crank failing?!?!?

they bend or are not true.

not splitting in half or anything, but arn't straight

what do i care if you know my numberplate? im just here to pay collective abuse to your stupid forum and ridiculous claims. OMG IM GONNA MAKE A MILLINO HP ON MY STANDARD RB26 BLOCK< IM A HERO.

skyline owners without exception are the bottom end of the gene pool.

Problems?

Kleenex. Your ****in dad should have used one.

edit: Ps Buster is the exception to my above stated 'skyline' rule, he's a champ. but thats it.

U complete F#@*WIT benrx7.

Look...... seriously, WTF....... dont u have something better to do with ur time than bag out productive, informative and not to mention "moslty" friendly forums like this one?!?!!

Take ur 75 iq brain somewhere else, and tell ur dad he shoulda been the one with the kleenex on ur way out.