SAU Community

torrent help

Archie@

Yeah i have no problems with ABC, and development is a little slow, but friends have had trouble and switched to another client. When i have trouble with it, i'll switch.

IRC, i get frustrated with the queues, then you get disconnected and have to resume and get back in the queue etc... still a good source of stuff...

but as mentioned above - newsgroups is the quickest/best but you gotta pay.

IRC, i get frustrated with the queues, then you get disconnected and have to resume and get back in the queue etc... still a good source of stuff...

The queues aren't normally that bad: longest I have had to wait is a couple of hours. With dccAssist it takes care of all of that. If you reconnect within 60 seconds you can usually just jump back in the queue at the same spot.

Mashrock: generally you need to sign up to a newsgroup provider (~US$10-15), then you just use a newsgroup client (outlook express, newsbin, etc).

LW.

xnews is a decent freeware one..

benm: whats the diff between the limited and unlimted accounts? just limited can do faster speeds? what speed do you get on your unlimited account?

I downloaded NewsLeecher, lots of features *passwd protection* appears to work well.

I went for the Limited 10gb account for now.

Newshosting allows 8 connection from the same IP on our standard (limited) accounts. The unlimited accounts are limited to 4 connections from the same IP.

I think I also read some where that the limited accounts allow logins from multiple IP's.

Unlimited don't. Its setup this way to prevent abuse obviously. :cheers:

I'll have to give it a try. If so I should be able to pull down at roughly 300kb/s.

Need adsl2. :(