SAU Community

PowerFC: Some DIY tuning comments please

AFR check tonight, i took a stab at the dark with the AFR values and was a bit too lean, a touch over 12.3ish so leaned it back to spot on 12.0 (see graph).

post-2054-1151406844.jpg

Ill be leaving the tune as is for now, no more changes. I had a bit more detonation where I leaned it out back to 12 so took out 1 deg in that range to keep the knock to a consistent level

after realising that i've done the VCt testing wrong (thanks cubes) i picked an arbitrary rpm value and applied it. this time kickoff at 5500rpm. seat of pants it seems to be a bit more chunky in the top end and doesnt give a coming on max power and then jump into more max power past 4700rpm if that makes sense. it just seems to feel chunky the whole way. attached is latest datalogit tune as of tongiht, with AFR fix and 5500 VCT

rename to .dat and open in datalogit for RB25

vct_fiddling.txt

• 4 months later...

latest tune after our nsw trip

i had to lean out the areas for 110km/h

also took out a few deg timing on the map permenantly

found it was knocking a little under 3 grand on medium ish load up small hills

also moved vct back to 5100rpm and locked the boost table (as i dont have the boost kit)

on the highway upto nsw i managed a best of 540ks to a tank with 02 feeedback off

feel free to view with datalogit (rename to .dat) or look at the excel sheet

i would not recommend loading my maps, but you can use it for reference

datalogit tune:

http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/tuned...-110-update.dat

excel maps:

http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/tuned...-110-update.xls

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

been a while since an update. not much has changed on my tune. just some minor touch ups

ive lost my licence so car has seen bugger all driving. get it back in july, woohoo!!

anyhoo here is my ign maps vs stock apexi defaults, as you can see i run stacks of timing.

below 3 grand you can dial in heaps more with minimal knocking. the car drives ace and has amazing throttle response.

IGN Compare.xls

Normal excel format. Positive number means ive advanced the timing, negative means retarded. You can see on row zero I am retarded by about 30 deg this is because my P01 row is all zero's. This gives the car lots of pops and farts and makes it sound really cool & fun, race car style.

Paul, I've done similiar with P01 but for drivability reasons.

It made cruising around in car parks a tad smoother, do remember the stock rb20det map runs high 30's to low 40's through P01, I'm down to just under what the stock rb25det map runs. :mad:

i dont run less ign timing, i run zero. so that whole top row under SETTING, IGN MAP is all 0's

i did it for a bit of fun. that row is only touched on gearchange or when you back off on the throttle.

ie at normal idle you are on P02 as there is airflow load. when you dump throttle or gearchange airflow drops to 0 or near zero so it hits row P01.

running 0 deg IGN timing makes the car pop, fart, backfire, crack so its just a bit of fun. i love it. everyone comments on how much my car pops, farts and backfires when driving around. i dont believe there is any other gain than noise to be honest :mad:

For mine it simply made the transition of going from no throttle to very very light throttle (car park driving) noticably smoother. But yes.. Thats stepping down from the rb20det like ign values to very similiar of what the rb25 runs. ;)

ive often wondered of doing a map trace

find the exact path it follows

then edit one of the cells along the way in the high load area

and bang in 0 deg ign timing

should be a laugh ;)

yeah im going to decat my car before i get my licence back so it should shoot flames for sure

its pops its ass off on back off and gearchange. ive had it set like that for probably 5-6 months maybe.

daily driven, sometimes babied around, other times given some abuse etc.

safe tune, aggressive ign timing all over the shop, 12afrs and normal plain vanilla 12psi and normal 98ron fuel (mixed servos)

I too will decat my car in the next week or so and run it up on the dyno to see what difference it makes. I have a high flo already so I'm not sure how much of a gain it will be. We will see and have some flames maybe also.

I too will decat my car in the next week or so and run it up on the dyno to see what difference it makes. I have a high flo already so I'm not sure how much of a gain it will be. We will see and have some flames maybe also.

Are you doing a dyno run before and after "de-catting" your exhaust?

I'd be interested to see results...

• 8 months later...