SAU Community

10th of Jan Meet - Cruise

skyline33

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

due to my hicas being screwed (very unpredictable handling) i will not be able to make it... it would be unsafe to drive my car in its current state.

will have to wait for another time to meet you all

cheers

greg

Hi Greg,

How did you feel when HICAS screwed up? Is it kind of getting that wobbly feeling in the rear end when cornering?

I felt that too, not sure if that's also my rear suspension bushes due for replacement, or hope not, touch wood, not the HICAS please..

Rianto

Originally posted by SS8_Gohan

sorry for putting this in here, but i couldn't pm u inark. i'll need that lift buddy. thanks!! :(

no worries...

try pming me again with ur address so i can pick u up.

hey rianto,

that is exactly how it feels -- very unstable at the rear when cornering. it wants to oversteer at the slightest excuse. eg i go over a bump - the rear kicks out. drive over a bit of gravel on the road - rear kicks out. i'd hate to see it in the wet.

i am just assuming its the hicas because i did the diagnostic and 3 errors came up, but it could quite possibly be the bushes because they are getting pretty old...i hadn't thought of them actually. i might take it to ICE or somewhere and get them to have a look at it.

Greg

Originally posted by rs73

Hi Greg,

How did you feel when HICAS screwed up? Is it kind of getting that wobbly feeling in the rear end when cornering?

I felt that too, not sure if that's also my rear suspension bushes due for replacement, or hope not, touch wood, not the HICAS please..

Rianto

guys, im just writing out the route for the night and we have a couple of problems that i wanted to discuss

first off: when we say "albert park pits" were refering to Aughtie Drive on the pit straight yes?

ok, other stuff is

this is showing hints of being a big turn out cos there are several clubs that are coming, and because iv mapped out a route with with some tight twisties streets and high speed sweaping turns im affraid it may be a problem with anything more than 20 cars

suggestions people:

1. stuff it, lets take the route thats mapped

2. keep it sedate, hwys and main roads

If this is gonna be a big turnout, will the Albert Park pits hold us all? It's not exactly the World's largest car park....

Also, I think that we keep the route that you've mapped out but make sure to make it clear to everyone that noone is responsible for the actions of others and in no way does SAU condone reckless driving, speeding, etc. All risks are at the owner/driver's responsibility.

Make sure that it is clear that this is not a race and people are advised to drive within their own limits.

Just my 2c worth.

Originally posted by whistla

guys, im just writing out the route for the night and we have a couple of problems that i wanted to discuss

first off: when we say "albert park pits" were refering to Aughtie Drive on the pit straight yes?

ok, other stuff is

this is showing hints of being a big turn out cos there are several clubs that are coming, and because iv mapped out a route with  with some tight twisties streets and high speed sweaping turns im affraid it may be a problem with anything more than 20 cars

suggestions people:

1. stuff it, lets take the route thats mapped

2. keep it sedate, hwys and main roads

actually, i was going to suggest we meet up at the carpark further down the road where RedHeads use to be...

Melway Ref 2KE6, its a pretty big carpark, should be enough

ill keep the route, ill make the suggestion that its not a race but theres always going to be a hand full of tossers

also, authers seat carpark isnt that big either and i doubt it can hold anymore than 20cars up there

ill work something out though

So with my wobbly handling I'm not sure to go for cruise or not???

Its not only the rear end that I feel travelling on corners, but also front end travels side-to-side if I brake a little hard :thumbsup:

looking fwd to fri night...guess it shouldnt be hard to find , considering there will be quite a few imports in the one spot !!!

i will be departing the cruise at frankston area, not a fan of the twisties, in my car at night with a heap of others just at this stage of my skyline driving experience yet hehe

see you guys there...look for me to be at the back of da pack all the time hehe