SAU Community

boost controller stolen through import!!!

popeye132

My apex electronic boost controller (blue screen) got stolen when imported, i was sure of this as the pics of my car in jap when bought showed the ebc still there.

The wire got cut and the apex ebc inside got flogged, why the hell would you steal just that, wouldnt it be useless??

What do i do as i dont think you can just buy that blue screen on its own?

Is there another way to adjust boost?

Do i have to get a completely new kit now?

Importing is risky should always put a list of goodies you have on the window so they know whats suppose to be in your car. When i picked up my car i saw many cars at the warf with the key in the keyhole, in otherwords even i could have just took a car for a drive or even flog some parts :pissed: very bad security.

Sorry mate, but it's to be expected. My R34 has a nice double din stereo in it (well it did when it left Japan), but I hold little hope of it still being in the car when I pick it up.

There was a thread about this on ns.com recently, and some d!ckhead was boasting about how his uncle works on the wharves and he gets free/cheap stuff off him that he steals. Needless to say the guy got flamed like hell, as most people lose something in transit, and it just plain sucks. I know of one guy that had all of the stock items that were included with the car in the boot lifted. Understandably he was very cranky.

i remember having a look around an import yard in adelaide, i came across a line up of cars yet to be complied, every single one of them had the stereo gutted out and the gearknob missing & other various bits and pieces missing out of the interior. i cant believe security is that bad in the shipping process.

The big problem is that almost all car carriers coming to Australia stop at Singpore or another Asian port, and often cars switch ships. So you have many people having access to the cars during the voyage, and even if the car makes it in 1 piece to Adelaide, often the cars sit at Outer Harbour/North Haven (like mine has for the past 2 weeks), where countless people also have access to them.

My r32 will be leaving Japan in the next week or so, the seller who i bought the car off took most of the removable stuff out but not the Apexi Avc-r, he recons it is pretty secure but now im not so sure :S If anything is missing out of the car I have a list and the seller will vouch for what was in it so if they try to steal something i will keep at them until thy cough up the replacement money and if it comes to it ill go to court. Its bs that they can get away with that kind off stuff, you would think the management woud do some thing?

lol - what 'management', and how? First thing you have to do in reporting a crime is prove when and where the stuff was stolen. You CANNOT buy insurance to cover your items in the car, simply no-one will offer it for any price.

Do you have any idea how insecure the holding yards are in Japan, how many people will drive it and have access to it? Then how many people will drive and have access to it on the ship and in ports? Then how many people have access to it when it lands here. Mine will be sitting on the docks at North Haven for 3 weeks by the time I get to pick it up - any ideas how many people have access to it there?

Sorry, but you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think anything of value will make it. If it does it's just a bonus. You just have to accept that that's the way things are. The guys who work the docks jokingly call it 'wharf tax'. Like I said, a guy on ns.com was actually bragging about receiving stolen goods from the cars on the wharves.

its stupid taking the apex avc-r screen only, what good is it on its own??

I have a very nice stereo but the supplier marked on the windscreen the stereo that was in my car so that didnt get touched. My car was dropped of in melbourne this time for some reason and had to get delayed another wk to catch another vessle to adelaide, thats probably where it happened. Expect dents and scratches on your car, they park stupidly close, so close i had to climb in the other side but i was lucky to get away with any dents or scratches.

The big problem is that almost all car carriers coming to Australia stop at Singpore or another Asian port, and often cars switch ships. So you have many people having access to the cars during the voyage, and even if the car makes it in 1 piece to Adelaide, often the cars sit at Outer Harbour/North Haven (like mine has for the past 2 weeks), where countless people also have access to them.

i dont know why so many ppl have to wait that long to pick up their cars, i always pick it up right after it passes all inspection which is around mid day same day the ship comes or day after. Im guessing you import through a broker who takes their time? its actually a lot easier and quicker doing it yourself and also save $$$

As 4 that guy that brags about flogging parts id like to :chairshot

There was a thread about this on ns.com recently, and some d!ckhead was boasting about how his uncle works on the wharves and he gets free/cheap stuff off him that he steals. .

Link? I didn't think anyone was that stupid!

I had the control unit for the GReddy PROFEC B boost controller stolen from my white GTR. I'm trying to find one now to replace it with. Any suggestions?

No come back at all.

I thought it would ony be on the docks a week too, but customs and quarantine have held the boatload mine came on for some reason. Nothing I can do except wait for my customs broker to tell me when it's ready.

yeah i simpathise....

My gf's R32 arrived missing the Apexi AFC and the turbo timer... Luckily the profectB was still there. I can't believe how easy it seems to be to just steal out of imported cars on the docks but unfortunatly what can we do???

Fly to Japan and sit in the back seat of your car wit a baseball bat :(

I cant believe you got your car 20 days after payment Nightcrawler thats awesome, to bad about the customs delay ;) I am having so many delays with my car, I bought it mid June and im still waiting for a spot on a ship. I hope its not sitting on the docks, if it is it would have been there for 3+ weeks by this stage it will probably be on bricks :s I think I better email my agent and find out where its at.

yeah I couldn't believe it either! Really caught me off guard though - as I am still sourcing stock bits to change over before compliance. It will have to sit in under my rear verandah until I get all the bits sorted and take it in for compliance. I might even just leave it sitting until I sell my S15. My customs agent told me this arvo it should be ready to pick up tomorrow.