SAU Community

r34 gt v gt-t

Guest reggin

greetings, after trying to learn as much as possible about the importing process and now having sufficient funds I’ve decided to take the plunge however not exactly sure what I can afford. I definitely want an R34 and have roughly $26-28k to spend all up (excluding registration) My question is with my budget would I bet better off going for the non turbo or turbo? Taking into consideration I would much rather get a good condition GT with low kilometres than a low grade GTT with 100,000km+. If anyone knows roughly what these two vehicles are going for and/or has some links that would be most appreciated (also I am looking for 2dr 5spd man) Cheers in advance

J-Spec are your friends. They will find you the perfect car and make the process really easy.

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/auction.php?...p?date=06/07/05

If you were one of my close friends and were considering a non-turbo I would slap you silly. You wont be happy if you buy a NA one and then drive a Turbo one.

You can't use the insurance to high excuse Just Cars is cheap as.

Please buy a turbo !

Hope this helps.

Guest reggin

cheers for the help guys, first things first i'll make sure i can get insurance, i had a look at the sold vehicles on prestigemotorsport.com and the turbos seen to be selling from about 27 upwards, most in the low 30's though, hopefully something decent will come up! i'll also get in touch with jspec (as you suggested dsteffe) and see what they say

Hey

I got my R34 from these guys in the north (northshoreprestige.com.au) and it is a complete charm. I'm still yet to find out if $28K was a bargain or not for a Tiptronic GTT with 38K kms on it, but go visit their site and I'm sure you'll be surprised, if you are serious about it, I could probably organise for a better price as well since I have a personal connection with them.

If your new to imports a word of advice, pay no attention to km's on the cars, nearly all Jap cars are wound back before being sold to us :( Pay attention to the condition of the whole car, seats, steering wheel, handbrake boots, brake/clutch/acel pedals.

dont spend big cash on a non turbo only to get kicked in the ass by some bogan in his commy... save my friend... yous are goin to be mad but why by a 34 gtt based on looks alone.... im sure id prefer a custom wide kit which can be done by jetspeed quoted around 6k for my 33 which would turn WAY more heads than your 34... but then again a wide 34 damn!! ;)

Guest reggin
dont spend big cash on a non turbo only to get kicked in the ass by some bogan in his commy... save my friend... yous are goin to be mad but why by a 34 gtt based on looks alone.... im sure id prefer a custom wide kit which can be done by jetspeed quoted around 6k for my 33 which would turn WAY more heads than your 34... but then again a wide 34 damn!! :rofl:

its not so much i want to get an r34 to turn heads, personally i just think they are a better looking car and far less common, obviously id rather go the gtt but dont wanna get something in poor condition if thats all i can afford

Hi reggin,

Well i just got my r34 GT-T this one is going to be my third skyline first one was a 95 GTS-T 1.5 r33 2nd one was a 96 r33 series 2 and now a r34 GT-T all up i think this car will cost me around the 26k mark not 100% sure atm but i truely beleive if your going to come into the world of skylines get a turbo version. They are much more fun i'd recommend J-spec but i imported this one all myslef with help from friends but if this is your first import go with j-spec and ask for either Ben or Grath (spell).

Should have my r34 on road in two weeks its in compliance work shop atm.

Guest reggin

i emailed j-spec a few days back and havent got a response, prestige motorsport told me my budget would better suit at gt and that the gt-t's start at around 1.3mil yen

Hi reggin,

Well i just got my r34 GT-T this one is going to be my third skyline first one was a 95 GTS-T 1.5 r33 2nd one was a 96 r33 series 2 and now a r34 GT-T all up i think this car will cost me around the 26k mark not 100% sure atm but i truely beleive if your going to come into the world of skylines get a turbo version.  They are much more fun i'd recommend J-spec but i imported this one all myslef with help from friends but if this is your first import go with j-spec and ask for either Ben or Grath (spell).

Should have my r34 on road in two weeks its in compliance work shop atm.

Prestige is more expensive i beleive cause you should really be able to get one as allbitz says for aound the 26-27 mark under 100k in good condition grade 4 or 3.5 with interior B with no damage but the colour will prolly have to be a grey or white ordinary colours. If you really want to save money get a semi automatic one instead of manual or go for 4 door GT-T that still has the RB25DET engine.

If you're going to go NA, at least get the GT-X which has a few nice bits. GT-T autos are getting stupidly cheap: perhaps get a good auto and think about a conversion down the track when funds allow?

Lucien.