SAU Community

Front strut bar for a stagea

AlexCim

Anyone know where i can get one? I dont REALLY wanna buy from JP but the stagea i am buying doesnt come with a front one...probably removed before it came to australia... damn ey!

Anyway, yeh, anyone know...maybe something custom too?

• 2 months later...

Ok, here is an update!! I FOUND ONE :)

I was able to test fit this one before i fitted it, so i knew what i was buying. Its for an R33 GTST.

It originally came in red strut tops and a blue anodized cross bar, but i sprayed them all in matt black. Due to the strut tops on the stagea, and the full circle tops on the brace, i spaced it with a washer on each stud and it fits perfect :D

As for performance difference, you guys that have always had a strut brace take it for granted! The car tucks into corners much much better now. Initial turn in is greatly improved. Takes round-a-bouts much harder now too.. YAY!

If anyone else wants one, i got mine for $75 pickup. Im not sure about shipping either... but im sure i could arrange it.

brace19pv.jpg

brace26gh.jpg

brace34zt.jpg

Id personally say that matt black looks better then standard...only a can of primer and two $3 cans of spray paint can go a long way.

Edited by AlexCim

You have had your standard one removed?

Its not big difference over std i presume, but from nothing to something its good.

In melb id be happy to spray it with you, takes an afternoon though (1 hour per layer you know). I did 2 primer layer, 3 overcoats on strut tops and 4 on the bar

yeah l just looked at the pics l got of the car, and there's def not one in the engine bay.

If its anything like the N15 pulsar, it'll make a little difference on cornering .... which is always good.

Spray is cool, l can do that. I've got an airbrush and do a bit of brushing, so prolly just do that.

If u can get one before the meet l could get it off you then if you want.

Edited by NRGIZD

Its ok, i am going out that way this week anyway.

For an extra $5 i can get it all done in black like mine, i think powdercoated everything (more durable then paint) but ill have to confirm this.

Ill bring yours to the meet so we can exhange $$ and strut bars then :(

For an extra $5 i can get it all done in black like mine, i think powdercoated everything (more durable then paint) but ill have to confirm this.

Ill bring yours to the meet so we can exhange $$ and strut bars then :(

And you can all look at my original one .. :-)

I was actually going to buy an original one, but i found this one and it would have cost me wayy less then the one in japan

4000Y + $80 EMS + USED and some rust

Soo, for people in Aus without the strut bar, this is a good alternative i would say.

IMO the black looks better then the silver, it doesnt draw the eye to the strut bar in any way. Regardless, i was surprized what a difference it made when installed...

Ill bring yours to the meet so we can exhange $$ and strut bars then :)

Excellent....thanks Alex!! :D

Yeah let me know bout the powdercoating, as def be interested in that.

Latest update: I purchased 6 strut bars and have dropped them all off to be powdercoated flat black. The flattest a powdercoat will do is still a LITTLE bit glossy (not as flat as the paint is what i mean)

Ill post up some pictures when I pick them up, which should be mid this week :)

Anyone else interested in one for a Stagea? Because, after the two stagea guys that im doing it for now, ill just sell the other ones to Skyline owners if noone is interested, so best to speak up NOW :D

Thanks

Yeh mate, certainly with Auspost for a location like that.

I will take off the strut ends for it, then ill make sure its packed nice and tight for cheaper shipping.

Shouldnt be more then $10-15 MAX :)

Thanks Buddy,

Please send me a PM when everything is ready to go and we'll take it from there.... or alternatively, you could send me an email at: [email protected]

Cheers

Craig