SAU Community

First car? and what was yours?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1986 camira, was the best v8 killer, if the v8 wasnt turned on that is. ha

it was literally a peice of shit, it seazed with 140000 on the clock, ***n peice of shit, my second car was a vltc, and i was still on my p's, although insurance was a whore to say the least. Best thing to think of buying a first car in my opinion is not power, not expereinced enough to handle the power, well thats my opinion. And it all depends on your taste, if u like skylines, why not buy an asperated line, then upgrade when the time comes.

1989 HSV SV89 Auto. Was a great car to learn on(mum gave this when she baught her 95 GSR Lancer - Wich was a awsome little car). Just before I got my P's baught a 1985 VK Calais Manual with a fairly well modded black 202 in it (managed a 14 flat out of it). Kept that for about 6months then got the R33 skyline. Had it for almost 3 years now. Would not go back. I'm glad that I had a powerfull car for my first. Cause it scared the shit out of me a few times. Enough to teach me to keep it off the streets.

'97 4 dr Rav4 auto.... go the rav! had it while on L's/ red P's

'04 subaru impreza RS 2.5L, still got it

'90 R32 GTR pick up next week, should be fun...

for a first car if you want something sporty but without insurance headache and new P plater power restrictions go a honda prelude, integra, civic, all great cars,

or if u wanna go AWD the subaru impreza RS 2.5L is a fantastic car! goes very hard, about the same 0-100 as a v6 holden/ford. very good suspension and AWD it doesnt get much better than that for a first car....

85 VK 3.3L carby (looked tough but lacked anything real). then went up and got another 85 VK but with a worked V8 5L. I can always count on my commodores to break down on me! good learning experience though.

jeebus, you guys got fairly decent first cars...my first was manual 76 VW passat. fwd and dodgy gearbox! actually it was prob a good thing i had that car, actually handled ok cause it was so light and had very little power.

im still on my L's and i bought a 94 R33 GTS25 in may just gone, i like it for a first car but already the power bug has bit me and i cant wait to upgrade to a GTS-t, im eligable for my P's next month and im planning to upgrade to a GTS-t in the very very near future.