SAU Community

First car? and what was yours?

1980 Daihatsu Charade- White, with a blue bonnet and black rust kill paint.. No looker but cheap to run, fun handling (VERY light), and surprisingly peppy for a 3 cylinder 993cc engine. Had it for 4 months before my parents wanted to help me get something 'safer and more reliable'.

Next was a 1993 charade, lacked the character of the 1980 tho. Then 2 XF falcons (what WAS i thinking).

Now i've got a 91 MX83 cressida, thats demanding more and more in repairs/upgrades so a R33 SII is in the works...

(so if anyone wants a cheap MX83 pm me -its a good base for a 1jz conversion, i simply dont have the time or space to do it)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1998 R33 gts-t.. prior to that.. never had one :P..

but been driving for long time - used parents cars/brothers car on and off. live near the rail line though

didnt know there was a 98 model r33 gts-t??

i got a lh torana, which i kept for roughly three and a half years (slowly building it up) and had it until just the start of this year when i imported the r32 gts4. i gave it a hiding, but the thing never 'broke down' so to speak.. it just ran like crap after all the mods and was a real pain in the but to drive all the time. ive since sold it.. *wipes a tear*

s.

Datsun 180b.

Doesn't work any more though, ripped the engine apart with an angle grinder and arc welder. So yeah, probably going to wait and buy an 808 or RX3 shell (depending on how long I wish to save...)

Mine was an EA falcon with multi colour doors, and on gas. Still have it as a run about, 300 000kms on the clock and still going strong! :rofl:

WAS going strong. It died :) looks like it will be needing a new engine.