The really Dark Side

R34

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

V35 for sure man!! that Impul kitted one looks awesome!!

And like Strich9 said, its boat like handling, sure get better suspension, but its still gonna look like a boat towing another boat no matter! (if ya gonna tow any boats in the first place!) ;)

i've even seen a wrx towing a boat before!

that was a funny sight ;)

I towed a car trailer with a R33 on it with my WRX.

Fastest that 33 ever went in the wet :bahaha:

Should have taken a pic would've made a cool Avatar.

Seriously we had another drive of the Monaro and it was OK

The boss liked it even though she's a shortie she could handle it and see to the rear etc which was her concern.

The salesman was happy for me to give it a run within reason and while it went well it didn't feel like rocketship or anything and so I was a little dissappointed in that regard. It was deceptivly fast though.

We talked about it on the way home and while not discounting it we wondered if we really needed something this big and impractical as our kids have their own cars anyway.

The boot is so small you couldn't even go away for a week without loading stuff into the rear seat.(Think R33 from base of rear window to taillights that's how small)

Checked the trip computer and the salesman who is driving the demo is averaging 19l/100km WTF?? Scooby does 10 !

If I really really liked it and thought I'd be happy for say 3 years I would have bought it by now

So don't know what to do now.

The REX is a fun car but a new one is very similar to my old one...I'd at leat like to feel it's different after shelling out $20-30k on top of my car.

If your thinking about buying a monaro I suggest you check out the Ford Typhoon as well. Very very quick cars and not bad lookers either

Yes I agree and look good but for $13k less I'd buy the XR6-T and put a APS or similar upgrade kit and run 11's. ;)

Unfortunately I've bought a new Ford before and that's enough Puss and Pain for 1 lifetime.

I appreciate them but could never own one again.

Thanks for the pics guys

Yes a Kenstyle rear bumper ,Gialla front lip and Veilside skirts(see first pic) was the mix I'd planned on if the 35's ever get here!!!

The other alternative is the Ings kit

I think I'm almost better now almost recovered from thoughts of Monaro ;)

lets put it this way chris you could buy a monza but you will never race with us again!!!!!!!!!!! (jokes)

hell man the whole point of going for a new ride is driving everything loving 1 for a week a different one next week then another the week after search roun find the one you really want ..................... then ask the boss

Unfortunately I've bought a new Ford before and that's enough Puss and Pain for 1 lifetime.

I appreciate them but could never own one again.

Well I have first hand experience of that considering I work for a Ford Dealership :uhh: . The BA XR6 Turbos really aren't all that bad that they are made out to be, besides the brake shudder issue of course which can be easily fixed by buying a set of aftermarket brake discs. Only the small majority of them have problems. However I would never go past the reliability of a Nissan or other japanese car hence why I bought a skyline.

There not as bad as there made out to be and are still a lot better than the Gen 3/ Gen 4 (oil leaks hahaha). In conclusion wait a while and buy the V35.

why not a second hand 350z? and twin turbo that? im pretty sure you dont need to pay 15k to get that twin turboed if you look further then usual.

Drove one and loved it but no back seat and you couldn't even fit the weekly shopping in the back.

pfft! go buy a volvo then! sheesh! sports cars are not designed to travel to the shops and back every day!!!! ARGH!!!!

no back seat = try bonnet with a blanket

weekly shopping = deflate the blow up doll first before inserting in the car.!  :uh-huh:

Keep your worthless dismissive comments to yourself.

If you have nothing informative to add shut up!

If I could afford to run a 350Z and a "Volvo" for shopping I would ,but if I only have one car it must perform more than just one function.

What else would I do? push a shopping trolley 5kms home

In addition unlike yourself I have friends with a pulse rather than a psi reading that we would like to go places and share time together which makes it unsuitable to own a 2 seater car.

As for your fetish for inflatable girlfriends I'm sure there are more suitable forums for you to visit than here

I think this thread has run it course now thanks to all for your assistance.

O dear god, I never thought the V35 could look that beautiful!

It looks like I'll be boycotting my S15/IS200 Idea as the new ride soon. Wonder what the final price would be on the road for a V35 ? Seriously worth the wait I would think.

True a car must perform more functions than just be able to look good, anyone got any boot photos of a V35 ?

well if u get the v35 and r into aero styling  get this. looks even better in real. and hks got a supercharger for the vq engine so screw the american stuff.

im in love.. :hearts:

O dear god, I never thought the V35 could look that beautiful!

It looks like I'll be boycotting my S15/IS200 Idea as the new ride soon. Wonder what the final price would be on the road for a V35 ? Seriously worth the wait I would think.

True a car must perform more functions than just be able to look good, anyone got any boot photos of a V35 ?

The boot of the coupe is about same as R33 but the seats laydown as well which is good

How's this for a boot photo ? sorry outside not inside

Look awesome, but if if you want a balls to the wall sports car that is quick, arent V35s a big pain in the ass. Crowded engine bays, reasonable heavy RWD, high compression V6 etc etc. Id love to do one up, that black one looks great, but geez the Monaro would surely wipe the floor given the usual budget mods, probably wipe the floor std as well.????

I have seen one particular Monaro at Eastern Creek, and was sensibly modded with a budget, and it was a weapon. So i wouldnt discount the Monaro if you want a new mid sized performance car. Try 1:51s at Eastern Creek on street rubber with nice susp and a few little tweaks:)

44886973.Car21_069.JPG

44886909.Car21_007.JPG

Look awesome, but if if you want a balls to the wall sports car that is quick, arent V35s a big pain in the ass. Crowded engine bays, reasonable heavy RWD, high compression V6 etc etc.  Id love to do one up, that black one looks great, but geez the Monaro would surely wipe the floor given the usual budget mods, probably wipe the floor std as well.????

Yeah probably Roy but as a Nissan man I decided to go with what feels right to me I guess. V35 might be a bit more exclusive plus with 98 octane hitting $1.22 at my local garage 5.7litre cars resale could go down the toilet.

For info the new 260kW Monaro does 400m in 14.2 while a stock G35 (on 91 octane fuel) in the US can crack between 14.2 to 14.4 (depending on driver ) stock

That tells me that a stock V35 will give a GTS-t a run for it's money .

Unfortunately doesn't take much to make a 33 go harder wereas the V35 will take a heap of cash