SAU Community

Skyline Manuals - Download Available

Links

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the r32 gtst manual (25447kb) do you still need it?

That would be grouse mate, I would love to get my hands on it as I'm just goin through all service and mild improvements every weekend bit by bit and it does help when you know where is what. Do I still need Acrobat 7.0 do get it of ya? ;)

^^ if you are after the passowrd for my site - www.crankroom.com/sau you can find it on the front page of this thread..

I'll mirror V-Spec's files - i've got some/most of them..

Cheers..

:blink: Thank you , Thank you, Thank you

Links you are legend, Thank you and all other guys who contributed to crankroom manuals being available for download.

I nominate LINKS to be imortal member of SAU!!! ;) Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've recently bought my skyline! I just love it - a black, R33 GTS25T and lowered. Have got to say that is one good manual site...just wished I'd seen it before I bought mine about a week ago :ph34r:

Anyways it's probably been asked before, but since my car didn't have an insturction manual, there were two questions I had: Thx in advance

1) I was wondering if it was normal for the HICAS light to come on and the go off a second or so after starting up the car. It never comes on while driving.

2) My oil pressure light stays on for about 2 seconds and then goes off which is when the needle on the oil pressure gauge starts to move when I start up the car..this is normal right? As far as I know, the oil pressure levels vs. RPM are ok as far as I can tell...am I being paranoid?

They are nice cars!

Cheers fellas!

Most cars run through a self diagnostic when they start up.. it's when they don't light up you get worried :(..

nah it's normal.. hicas & abs & oil will all come on.. than go off.. oil should go up to about 6 until it's warmed up.. than head down to about 2 - 4 operating pressure..

glad you enjoy the manuals..

Phew, thats reassuring! Since when I checked it out, my mate who was with me at the time was getting more excited than the dealer! Took it for a short drive and before I realised it he's encouraging me to leave a deposit :D

Anyway, I'm pretty broke atm but eventually I want to put a cat back exhaust system in and a direct cold air intake. I heard that's supposed to put power up into the 200+ kW @ the flywheel alone! I want the car to still sound the way it does now though..kinda like a low growl...subtle but nice.

After that, tint the windows, put a nice pair of seats in like Duncan's and a proper head unit...and a new bonnet with a subtlely stylish but functional scoop to lower under bonnet temp.

Really want to change the oil and oil filter along with the spark plug and fuel filter myself but that might take a bit of developing my knowledge first!

Well, thats the excited ramblings of a new owner for now.

Cheers,

AF

No worries Joh - AF man.. don't look @ the fly - count @ the rear wheels :P..

As for spark plugs and so forth - depends on what year the car is... everyone recommends oil + filter + spark plug change- depending on where you get it from if it's just been compliance oil + filter should have been done..

Good luck with it..

Thanks guys for the tips! But guess what? I was late for work one day and I swung my car into a tight park between another guy's car and the steel support beams...guess which one I hit??

It was the post - on my left rear panel just after the door :D Now I've got this mad scratch about 30cm lond and 15cm wide that looks like a giant car was sharpening its claws on the side of my car...it was barely one week old at the time :):D

• 3 weeks later...